3D Fashion Designer
Deadline of this Job:
Date Posted: Monday, March 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
What we Want
• We are looking for an exceptional designer in fashion illustration (3D fashion design methods welcome) to design new styles for Fitted.
• Candidates who are familiar with traditional Nigerian-style apparel will have an advantage.
• We want a designer to develop styles for us, so strong commercial savvy is vital.
• Strong candidates will be able to identify target markets for designs and use factors such as age, gender, and socioeconomic status to drive customer adoption.
• If you are obsessed with great design, love technology, have wanted to join a Startup, or wondered how you could use your skills to effect lasting change as a trend setter, then we might be perfect for you.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Fashion Design / Production preferred
• 3 - 6 years professional experience designing outfits for a variety of men’s clothing. Experience with women’s clothing a strong bonus.
Requirements & Skills:
• Outstanding design skills: Breath-taking design ideas, able to create styles which effortlessly blend multiple thematic constructs and geographic influences. There should be a strong focus on actual customer day-to-day use, not conceptual novelty. Top candidates will be able to oversee/manage production of samples of their designs via our tailor network. Knowledge of African tastes is a nice plus. Candidates should be comfortable sewing together sections of material to form mockups or samples of garments or articles, using sewing equipment.
• Strong Production skills: Ability to select materials and production techniques to be used for products. Candidates must be comfortable sketching rough and detailed drawings of apparel or accessories, and write specifications such as color schemes, construction, material types, and accessory requirements
• Fabric knowledge: Knowledge of a broad range of fabrics (in Nigeria and abroad) is a necessary skill. Candidates must also be comfortable with testing fabric so garment care labels can be created.
• Exceptional fashion illustration (3D modelling skills welcome): Ability to produce digitally life-like 3D versions of products for Fitted for use in multiple media (online store, print, adverts). Experience with Optitex or similar other hyper-realistic software for fabrics and models a plus. Particularly skilled at creating hyper-realistic 3d fabric imagery conveying breathability, weight, drape, durability, softness, and other properties of fabric. Adept at producing tech packs and other explaining material for production
Market Research skills: Strong pulse on trends in global and African fashion.
Pattern drafting: Skills with pattern drafting and cutting required. Candidates must be able to draw patterns for articles designed; then cut patterns, and cut material according to patterns, using measuring instruments and scissors.
Personality: Can-do attitude, self-motivated person with innate curiosity about the fashion, business and media world. This opportunity is well suited to ambitious candidates who can operate in a high-pressure but immensely rewarding environment with deadlines.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.