Account Officer (General Ledger-GL Role)
Jobs at:Talentpool Nigeria
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2021
Date Posted: Friday, November 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Accounts Officer’s primary role is to assist the Financial Controller in the administration of the association’s financial accounts. Good management decisions rely heavily on accurate and timely presentation of financial information. As such the overall financial health of the association is supported from this area through the delivery of effective accounts department services. The role is to be performed with high standards of service to external and internal stakeholders
• Preparation of monthly financial statements and detailed supplementary schedules forming part of financial statements.
• Variance Analysis
• Scrutiny of General Ledger Balances on Regular basis
• Proficient in Reconciliations of all major items in Income Statement and Balance
• Sheet e.g.: Sales, Stock, Bank, and Duties & Taxes.
• Preparation of various Management Reports (Regular and Ad-hoc)
• Handling Internal and External Audits
• Ancillary Roles:
• Assisting other Finance Sub-Functions as and when required.
• Good Accounting Knowledge
• Strong Analytical Skills
• Proficient in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• Good knowledge of Companies Act and Tax Laws
• Good knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word
• Communication Skills (written and oral)
• Knowledge of Account Payable process (added advantage)
• BSC graduate in accounting or related field with 3 to 5 years of experience in a large firm.
• ICAN (added advantage).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.