Jobs at:Stresert Services Limited
Deadline of this Job:
16 August 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our client is an integrated media organization leveraging on expertise in broadcasting, digital media, entertainment and sports. As a result of an ongoing national project and expansion, the role of An Accountant has become vacant. Duties include; Accounts Receivable Management; Accounting Information Management; Accounts Payable Management; Payroll Processing; Cash Administration; Non-Current Assets Management; Accounts Maintenance and Vouchering; Bank Reconciliation and Statement Audit; Document Management and Petty Cash Administration etc.
• In charge of day-to-day finance and accounts operations.
• Administers payment transfers through the banks.
• Manages cash advance and reconciles retirement.
• Prepares bank reconciliation statements for all corporate accounts.
• Audits bank statements to ensure consistency and accuracy of bank charges.
• Raises vouchers for transactions and posts financial data to the applicable accounting system.
• Ensures that all accounting entries posted into the accounting system are accurate.
• Prepares reports to show receivables aging and submit to management.
• Collects and reviews Purchase Order for jobs done by the Company.
• Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing the balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
• Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Guides other staff by coordinating activities and answering finance-related questions.
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Maintains financial security by following applicable accounting controls.
• Prepares payments by verifying documents submitted, and disburse as required.
• Complies with federal, state, and local financial requirements, enforce adherence to these requirements and advise management on needed actions.
• Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Other duties assigned from time to time.
• A graduate with a background in Accountancy/Finance
• Must have a minimum of 5 years’ work experience in core accounting duties with the ability to work without supervision.
• Good understanding of the media, PR or broadcasting space
• Experience offering advice to Management
• Previous experience managing sponsorship deals will be an advantage
• Organizational skills with attention to detail
• Corporate Finance, confidentiality, self-motivated
• Reporting skills, deadline-oriented, time management
• Reasoning ability, mathematical ability, and logical thinking skills
• Proficient with MS Office (word, excel, PowerPoint) a MUST and knowledge of essential accounting software usage such as Quick-books, Sage etc.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.