Jobs at:The OPEC Fund for International Development
Deadline of this Job:
13 August 2021
Date Posted: Friday, July 30, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Accountant is responsible for the maintenance of the OPEC Fund’s chart of accounts and their balances, assisting with quarterly accounting closing and preparation of accurate and timely financial statements in conformity with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) accounting principles.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conducts reconciliation, ensuring uniformity and consistency in recording and reporting transactions.
• Performs regular accounting closing and financial reporting activities.
• Act as subject matter expert for IFRS 9 practical application and work closely with internal stakeholders on provisioning related queries.
• Participate in the implementation of enhancement to existing and/or new IT financial systems.
• Participate in the review and regular update of accounting policies in line with IFRS.
• Monitors financial transactions ensuring compliance with internal regulations and controls.
• Supports the internal and external audit processes.
• Identifies and communicates process improvement opportunities in areas of accounting.
• Carries out other tasks assigned by the Senior Accountant or the Director, Financial Controls that are related to the job function.
Qualifications and Experience
• Master's Degree or equivalent in Accounting and Control/ Business Administration, majoring in Accounting, Financial Management or other relevant fields.
• Recognized accounting certification such as CA or CPA.
• Minimum of five years relevant professional experience preferably in an international development financial lending institution.
• Knowledge and practical experience of IFRS9.
• Fluent in English. A good working knowledge of French, Arabic, German or Spanish is a plus.
• Familiar with SAP-FI R3 Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
• Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Great organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines.
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Knowledge of financial instruments and the treatment under IFRS 9; understands the process for calculating provisions for impairments in general.
• Team player, with strong interpersonal and communications skills.
• Demonstrate ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.