Jobs at:Jami Al Hakeem Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
5 may 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 years
Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Job Category/Sector: Accounting / Finance Employment Category: Regular Employment Type: Full-Time
Duration of Contract: 2 years Open to Expatriates: No
Position Reports to: Chairperson.
The accountant will assist in developing and managing the project’s financial systems.
S/he will work under the supervision of the Chairperson and will support him in all matters related to financial management, financial reporting, subcontracting.
S/he will also assist the Chairperson in ensuring sufficient funds are available for effective and efficient implementation of project activities and support programs.
Specific areas of responsibility include financial report preparation, review and submission to headquarters and cash flow management.
This position will be based in Adamawa State, limited travel may be required to programming locations in Yobe, Gombe and Borno State.
• Preparing accurate and timely financial reports in line with J-HF financial regulations
• Providing and interpreting financial information from Microsoft Dynamics SL and other project source documents
• Ensuring that monthly projections are collated from various components for cash requests and burn rate
• Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. bankers and statutory organizations such as the Inland Revenue, NSITF and pension officials.
• Provide mentoring and coaching to colleagues on policies, procedures, financial regulations etc.
• Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislations and communicating implications to management as needed
• Maintaining collaborative professional relationships with managerial staff and colleagues in other departments (particularly Grants and Procurement) to support activity clearance, implementation and overall program delivery
• Applying internationally accepted principles and procedures to analyze financial information
• Ensuring appropriate accounting control and procedures in all financial operations
• Monitoring of cash balances, prepare advance account reconciliations and bank reconciliations and respond to inquiries from HQ.
• Monitoring cash balances on dynamics and bank, ensuring that drawdowns from USD to Naira account are done timely as soon as a confirmed exchange rate is received from the bank
• Reviewing local expense reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with donor and J- HF’s financial practice before reimbursement
• Coordinating with program and administrative staff to ensure that transactions are properly planned, recorded and coded
• Prepare payroll, send pay slips and make all statutory deductions to the relevant authorities
• Coordinate with the bank for information regarding exchange rate, bank balances, wire transfer etc.
• Ensure staff have good understanding of policies and procedures and that knowledge is reflected in the day to day financial transactions – avail staff with all relevant policies and procedures, provide on job trainings, as necessary provide feedbacks on irregularities, etc.
• Initiate and implement a planning and reporting practices for staffs under Chairperson supervision.
• Support, as needed, in capacity building work of grantees.
Technical expertise, Skills, Knowledge, and competencies:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting or Finance
• 5 years of general experience with at least 3 years of experience in accounting and finance work is required.
• Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
• Experience with computerized accounting systems is required.
• Strong analytical skills are required.
• Multi-tasking with positive attitude is required.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective, sustainable relationships with project staff and bank officials, as well as the development community is required.
• Prior experience with international organizations or international-funded projects is highly desirable.
• Experience working in a conflict environment is a plus.
• Fluency in oral and written English is required.
• Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the Northeastern part of Nigeria is required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should please submit their Application (Letter of motivation and CV in a single file) via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the “Job position” as the subject of the e-mail
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non- related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
Applications should be addressed to: Human Resource Manager.
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
J-HF considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Short-listed candidates will be responsible for their logistic and accommodation during interview.
Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, J-HF will only inform shortlisted candidates for written test and oral interview.
For general information about J-HF, please consult: www.jamialhakeemfoundation.org
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.