Jobs at:Wartsila Marine
Deadline of this Job:
13 May 2022
Date Posted: Friday, April 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 - 7 years
Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
The Successful candidate will report to the Financial Controller for the region, to develop and maintain close co-operation and communication with various stakeholders including Group Control, Treasury, Business Control, and Local management.
What will you be doing?
• The Personnel with relevant experience in financial reporting, treasury, taxation (direct and indirect).
• Support the process to ensure correctness of local company's financial statements (local GAAP) as well as the global reporting on SAP and HFM. This includes the reconciliation between statutory and global reporting numbers.
• Execution and support of global Internal control processes.
• Processing of payments to various stakeholders including regular reconciliations for control purposes.
• Monitoring and processing of inflows and supporting the Credit controller.
• Periodic and timely tax filings (direct and indirect taxes)
• Periodic review and ledger monitoring to ensure correctness/accuracy of records that are reflective of true state of the business.
• Working knowledge of interfacing with various stakeholders. This includes collecting and preparing financial information, reports and analyses to internal and external stakeholders and authorities, e.g., tax related reporting (direct, indirect, transfer pricing, customs) and contributing into external auditing, internal auditing, and internal control reporting of the company
• A working knowledge of IFRS, such as IFRS 16, basic understanding of IFRS 9 etc.
You will shine in this role when you have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or any related field.
• Three (3) to Seven (7) years cumulative experience required in the field
• Extensive Accounting and Tax experience
• Self-driven ability to work without supervision
• Knowledge of ERP (particularly SAP) is an added advantage
• Strong drive and efficient worker ensuring statutory, local, or global reporting deadlines are met
• Responsibilities will include working in Statutory Audit, Internal Audit, Social and other regulatory audit, administrative duties such as following through the administrative requirements on payment of foreign vendor, local tax filings (monthly, weekly, and annually) etc.
Why you and us:
• We at Wärtsilä believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility of our work. We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation. We have courage to see opportunities and take initiative.
• We are authentic and honest, and we strongly believe in a diverse and inclusive work community where everyone can be their true self.
• We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them.
• We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you, and where you can feel safe and cared for. Are you eager to be part of this ambition?
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to Wartsila Marine on careers.wartsila.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.