Jobs at:International Institute of Tropical Agriculture - IITA
Deadline of this Job:
29 July 2022
Date Posted: Monday, June 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Assist the Activity Accounting Officer to manage the Activity’s accounting system and reporting process, ensuring completeness of ledgers and all supporting
• documentation and compliance with IITA and Donors’ finance and procurement regulations.
• Prepare payment schedules for payments from the Activity’s Imprest account as well as payments from the HQ Finance Directorate.
• Ensure Expenses are authorized and processed in accordance with agreed procedures for both IITA and donors.
• Prepare petty cash payments, journals and vouchers and ensuring these are posted into the general and other account ledgers.
• Process advances and claims for payment and maintaining cash advances register for follow up on the reimbursement of advances, accounting for Activity payables and
• Maintaining accounting records, ensuring they are complete, accurate, well archived and safeguarded.
• Prepare invoices and chargeback statements for services provided to individuals or other
• institutions and partners.
• Prepare statement of expenditure (SOE) as required by the donor for justification of advances, direct payments, and replenishment of accounts.
• Monitor the processing of program cash/travel advances, expense claims and reimbursemen by activity staff.
• Respond to account inquiries and provide prompt feedback to users.
• File and keep activity’s accounting supporting documents and records.
• Track and monitor resource needs and other material needs for carrying out financial tasks.
• Assist in the organization and management of internal and external audits and compliance checks.
• Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
• BSc/HND in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field with a minimum of one (1) years’ experience performing similar or related role in a well-
• structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
• Have excellent computer skills with good grasp and knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing and other MS office applications. Good knowledge of Oracle
• Applications will be an added advantage.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented multicultural environment.
• Have Proficiency in English language with excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
• Be a fast learner and pay attention to details.
• Have personal integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.