Deadline of this Job:
26 July 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Accounts Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 1 - 2 years
Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit
Location: Gbagada, Lagos
About the Role
• We are looking for a brilliant Accounting Officer to join the Finance team here at Tuteria. You'll be expected to have deep technical accounting knowledge for Nigerian businesses, be comfortable working without existing structure while rigorously paying attention to details and be a strong business partner that helps build our understanding of the business finance.
• As our Accounting Officer, you'll be responsible for posting journal entries, updating financial statements, managing and maintaining accounts receivable and payables, running of depreciation, registering fixed assets, preparing of financial reports, and ensuring the financial reporting standards are maintained.
• Our team is small but highly effective, so your voice will be heard and your ideas will make meaningful contributions to the business.
• This is a full-time role based in Tuteria's office in Gbagada, Lagos, Nigeria.
What You'll be Doing
• Capture of all financial transactions on Quickbooks chart of accounts and annual budget.
• Document financial transactions by entering account information.
• Reconcile all customers payments for invoices.
• Ensure that accounting entries are entered accurately into the accounting software.
• Ensure accurate running of depreciation monthly.
• Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
• Reconcile petty cash expenses.
• Reconcile the company's bank account(s) both bank and cash.
• Upload complete and accurate financial information on Quickbooks.
• Update and monitor fixed assets register on Quickbooks.
• Monitor budgets and calculating variance for analysis.
• Ensure all documents and their respective supports are filed appropriately
What it'll Take to Succeed
• Have a deep understanding of the bookkeeping pain points of Nigerian businesses.
• Are abreast of IFRS standards and other accounting laws and principles in Nigeria
• Are a builder i.e you can turn incomplete, unstructured, conflicting, or ambiguous data into structured, manageable tasks and action plans.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize with good business acumen and work in a fast-paced environment with high volume demands
• Are organized, gritty and have a track record for driving change and impact in a fluid, unstructured working environment.
• Obsess over details, have a high ability to prioritize and work autonomously with high integrity and ethics.
• Are proactive, effective at communicating with different audiences, and can bring different stakeholders to embrace an idea you believe in.
Required Qualification / Skills
• B.Sc. / HND in Accounting with a minimum of 1-2 years work experience
• Started or willing to complete your professional certification.
• Good knowledge and experience with general ledger, accounting, and financial reporting principles & practices.
• Strong profiency in Excel, able to create detailed and error-free reports.
• Self-starting, Confident, Intelligent, Entrepreneurial and enjoys challenges
• Strong Analytical, Numerical, and Communication Skills
• Experience working with Quickbooks.
• While this isn't Required, it'll be a Plus if You Have:
• Experience in an educational and technical setting is a plus.
• Worked in a high-growth, post-investment tech start-up.
• Created or co-founded a startup before.
• What We Offer
At Tuteria, we believe people who do great work deserve great support. Here are some of the benefits of joining our team:
• N120,000 Monthly Salary
• Comprehensive medical insurance
• Annual learning development stipend
• 10 days of paid leave excluding public holidays
• Up to 12 weeks of paid maternity / paternity leave
• Company pension contribution
• Housing / relocation assistance if needed
• Stock options for exceptional teammates
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.