Jobs at:Stanbic IBTC
Deadline of this Job:
13 August 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC is a full service financial services group with a clear focus on three main business pillars - Corporate and Investment Banking, Personal and Business Banking and Wealth Management. Stanbic IBTC Bank legally became part of Standard Bank Group 24th August 2007. The Standard Bank Group merged its Nigerian operations, Stanbic Bank Nig...
Read more about this company
Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Job Sector: Banking
• To ensure the availability of treasury cash, reserve and blank forms.
• Ensure the availability of a fully functional cash service to tellers including the custody and balancing of vault cash, processing of vault deposits, withdrawal and handling of related reports.
• Control treasury cash, blank forms, safe custody items and duplicate keys.
• Understand and manage the risks associated with the custody of these items as well as the changes in the custody of assets through effective system controls
• Custodian of treasury cash, reserve, blank forms and keys & cash
• Ensure that the correct procedures for handling and movement of cash assets in the branch are adhered to.
• Ensure that the correct security procedures are adhered to when cash is moved to agencies and delivered to/collected from Cash Management Unit.
• Effective cash management to ensure vault approved limits are adhered to.
• Receive notes and coins from tellers to be lodged into the vault.
• Check physical cash received / evacuated in the presence of the Cash Management Unit (CMU) representatives.
• Control Keys for container / trolley (Used for transporting cash from vault to tellers).
• Assist with surprise checks of tellers.
• Attend to branch account payments.
• Issue Bank Cheques as required.
• Counter sign issued Bank Cheques as required.
• Reconcile all branch suspense accounts as listed below.
• Attend to Cash Advance transactions.
• Attend to all Records Administration issues in the branch
• Attend to all issues on refunds on all closed customers accounts
ATM Custodians Support functions:
• Carry out first level support (basic) on User's workstations, scanners, or other peripherals
• Resolve basic finacle issues such as applet, Invalid username/Password, or proxy exception errors, etc
• Map users' workstations to the Combo printer and ensure quality printout
• Assist RIS connect remotely to systems & resolve simple LAN issues
• ATM support including: simple power related issues on UPS and inverter, ATM operation support (Availability, Cash management, resolution of simple issues like cash jam, paper jam, etc)
• Supervise vendors, contractors, PM engineers to ensure a good and neat work is done in the branch
• ATM Reports
• Operating Cash Report
• Listing of ATM Transactions
• Vault Reserve
• Overage Account
• Shortage Account
• Certified Cheque
• Stale Cheques
• Bank Cheques
• Custom Duty Payments
• Mails Administration
• Administration of Stationery (vault out of stationary items)
• Maintenance of Office Equipment
• Call-over functions
• Cash Advance Register - Petty cash
• Bank Cheque Register.
• Customs Duty Register (where applicable)
Preferred Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University
• Minimum 2 years branch banking experience with exposure to tellering and safe custody.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send your application to
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos Application Link
Location: Lagos Mainland, Lagos Application Link
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.