Assistant Technical Officer - Essential Drugs & Logistics
Jobs at:Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS)
Deadline of this Job:
10 September 2021
Date Posted: Friday, September 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Job TypeContract , Full Time
• Experience2 years
• LocationAkwa Ibom
• Job FieldMedical / Healthcare , NGO/Non-Profit
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Job Roles and Responsibilities
• Under the direct supervision of the Technical Officer-Clinical Services, the ATO-Log is expected to support theimplementation of the logistics and essential drugs components of the intervention.
• Provide Logistics support to the outreach team and PHCs focusing on reporting, distribution, storage, and warehousing of PHC essential drugs and commodities.
• Provide technical coordination in product selection, quality assurance, receipt of commodities and efficient storage and distribution systems including laboratory logistics.
• Work with the team in developing, maintaining, and improving a logistics management information for PHCs
• Ensure establishment and strengthening of Performance Based Financing and Drug Revolving Fund systems committees for health facilities through engagement of host and refugee communities.
• Support coordinated systems for NRCS to transport health commodities report and forecast delivery times, transport costs and performance to reduce stock-outs, eliminate wastes and lower costs.
• Ensure that all documentation for health commodities in the team is complete and compliant to established standards.
• Monitor disbursements of Medication, drugs and consumables.
• He/ She shall also provide mentorship and guidance to health workers in PHCs on LMIS.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy
• Must be registered with Pharmaceutical Council of Nigeria
• Must possess a valid practicing license
• At least two years' experience in clinical work or humanitarian settings.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
• Ability and willingness to stay at the project sites is required
• Ability to collect, analyze and produce good quality data and information
• Proven skills in data management with concrete knowledge of open-source tools such as ODK collect, KoBo Toolbox.
• Computer literacy with possible advanced Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint and Ms access
• Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring of staff
• Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation skills.
• Must be flexible and culturally sensitive.
• Demonstrate experience in management and supervision of outreach services.
• Demonstrate experience working in a multi-cultural/religious setting.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter (as one single document) to: email@example.com explaining why you should be considered for the position you applied for.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.