Assistant Technical Officer - Nutrition
Jobs at:Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS)
Deadline of this Job:
10 September 2021
Date Posted: Friday, September 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Job TypeContract , Full Time
• Experience2 years
• LocationAkwa Ibom
• Job FieldMedical / Healthcare , NGO/Non-Profit
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Job Roles and Responsibilities
• Under the direct supervision of the Technical Officer - Clinical Services, the ATO-N is expected to support the implementation of the nutrition components of the intervention.
• ATO-N is a member of the health outreach team working collaboratively to ensure integration of nutrition services are provided for refugees and host communities in settlements and PHCs
• Identify training needs and build technical capacity of PHC nutrition unit, support mothers club, group promoters and Community IYCF.
• Support CMAM and IYCF services including Growth Promotion and Monitoring, organize and participate in food demonstration sessions periodically, conduct regular focus group discussions with beneficiaries to assess barriers and effective referrals
• Ensure monthly physical inventory of all nutrition supplies ensuring stock levels are accounted for and adequate for the outreach teams and PHCs.
• He/ She shall also provide mentorship and guidance to health workers in PHCs on nutrition services
• Organize and participate in food demonstration sessions periodically in supported PHCs, communities and settlements
• Work with the Mothers Club volunteers to identify locally available nutritional foods for prevention of malnutrition and community management of acute malnutrition.
• Conduct regular focus group discussions with beneficiaries to assess barriers to optimal IYCF uptake
• Ensure Gender mainstreaming in nutrition, and integration of other sectors
• Engagein community dialogue, sensitize stakeholders/community on IYCF-E activities and specific humanitarian programs implemented by NRCS.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Nutrition or Dietetics
• Must be registered with appropriate regulatory body
• Must possess a valid practicing license
• At least two years experience in clinical work or humanitarian settings.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
• Ability and willingness to stay at the project sites is required
• Ability to collect, analyze and produce good quality data and information
• Proven skills in data management with concrete knowledge of open-source tools such as ODK collect, KoBo Toolbox.
• Computer literacy with possible advanced Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint and Ms access
• Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring of staff
• Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation skills.
• Must be flexible and culturally sensitive.
• Demonstrate experience in management and supervision of outreach services.
• Demonstrate experience working in a multi-cultural/religious setting.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter (as one single document) to: email@example.com explaining why you should be considered for the position you applied for.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.