Associate Manager, Health Management Information System
Jobs at:Heartland Alliance
Deadline of this Job:
15 September 2021
Date Posted: Friday, September 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Job TypeFull Time
• QualificationBA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
• Experience5 - 6 years
• LocationAkwa Ibom
• Job FieldICT / Computer
Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead the development, modification and deployment of efficient Electronic Medical Record system across all HALG implementation sites.
• The incumbent will contribute in all phases of Java application and Android app development lifecycle.
• Designs, codes, and tests new program modules or revisions to existing programs. Ensure designs are in compliance with approved specifications.
• Provide technical leadership for software and architectural development activities.
• Conduct software analysis, programming, testing, and debugging. Identifying production and non-production application issues. Prepare and produce releases of software components.
• Develop, test, implement and maintain Java application and Android software. Maintains code documentation and enforces version tracking.
• Recommend changes to improve established java application processes. Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
• Develop technical designs for application development. Support Data exchange/transfer module for interoperability with other applications.
• Design and implementation of dashboard/automated graph generation module.
• Provide technical assistance to the M&E staff in the use and management of HMIS tools and EMR.
• Assist facilities to troubleshoot issues they might be having with the EMRs.
• Support the implementation of the HMIS at field level by leading on users’ capacity building and delivery of in-country training on a variety of HMIS topics and provide supportive supervision as a continuous learning opportunity for M&E and field staff.
• Ensure high quality data are available on a regular and timely basis for programmatic decision making through data validation and DQA processes.
• Conduct a regular check of the completeness and timeliness of state and national data in the EMR, flag areas of gap, follow up and support the states to incorporate corrections from DQA findings in the data on the HMIS tool.
• Participate in events/ meetings related to HMIS at national level.
• Any other duties assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• First Degree in Computer Science, Engineering and other related courses. A masters degree is an added advantage.
• Minimum of 5 years work experience.
• Ability to write backend codes in Java (Using Spring Boot Frameworks).
• Angular CLI 2+ for frontend development.
• PostgreSQL and MySQL Database.
• Ability to develop native android applications using JAVA.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
• Knowledge of data processing, database design and data entry.
• Proficiency in MS Office, Statistical and other M&E software packages.
• Good working experience in monitoring and evaluation at the community, state and national levels.
• Time Management - Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
• Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
• Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Cultural Sensitivity - Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
• Non-discriminatory- Does not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioral habits.
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
• Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
• Demonstrated competency in public speaking.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, Power Point.
• Other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office.
• The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited resource environments.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.