Jobs at:Action Contre la Faim
Deadline of this Job:
24 April 2022
Date Posted: Monday, March 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency - has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health - Mental Health and Care Practices, Gender and Protection - Food Security and Livelihoods - Water, Sanitation and Hygiene - Advocacy. In 2019, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 17 million people in more than 49 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
As Country Director you are responsible for overseeing the development, funding and implementation of the country strategy and the growth of program portfolio that effectively addresses the underlying causes and effects of malnutrition in line with ACF's values, programming principles, and strategy.
You also ensure that systems / procedures are in place and being properly implemented, and that they ensure the proper management, well being and safety of ACF staff, and the proper use of ACF resources.
You will spend a lot of time working on advocacy, representation with donors, diplomats and Nigerian authorities. ACF is very well recognized by donors and the international community for its role in North East Nigeria. It gives a special role to ACF in terms of advocating for a principled humanitarian response.
More specifically you :
• Lead the implementation of the 2025 country strategy
• Develop and adapt on a permanent basis ACF programs to the humanitarian context in North East Nigeria and develop programming in other States (North West, other to be dertemined) to help health and other states' services fight under nutrition
• Lead the whole team (370 staff), 9 person are under your direct management line
• Represent ACF in coordination bodies and participate in advocacy efforts to make sure that a principled humanitarian response takes place
• Are responsible for the ACF team security and staff care
• Ensure a positive collaboration between field team and HQ teams
• You hold a Master degree in development studies or in management.
• You show at least 8 years of humanitarian experience including in conflict setting with 5 years of senior management or leadership experience, including team leadership.
• You also have 3 years of successful previous experience as Country Director.
• show excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• You are known for your excellent negotiation skills, and political astuteness as well as your excellent adaptation and culturally sensitivity skills.
• You also have a significant experience with external representation and promotion of programs with stakeholders and potential donors, and are able to generate goodwill towards the program with the intention of raising funds and the country grant portfolio.
• You are experienced in managing security in a volatile environment. Fluent spoken and written English skills.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
• 24 months fixed term contract under French legislation
• Monthly gross salary from 2800 to 3300EUR upon experience
• Monthly per diem and living allowance: 657EUR net, field paid
• Monthly country allowance: 150EUR
• Child allowance: 1500EUR per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000EUR/year)
• 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
• Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
• Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + health insurance) and repatriation insurance
• Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 EUR at each RnR period
• Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
• Family Status
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.