Communication & Reporting Officer
Jobs at:Creative Associates International
Deadline of this Job:
04 May 2022
Date Posted: Friday, April 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Creative Associates International
About Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments. To deliver a high degree of service, innovative theories of change and solid project evaluation, Creative is divided into four program divisions: Education Communities in Transition Economic Growth Cross Function Since its founding in 1977 by four enterprising women, Creative has been a results-driven organization. In the area of education, for example, since 2000 Creative has trained nearly 390,000 teachers in new strategies, approaches and pedagogical techniques. About 45 percent of the teachers are based in Africa. Thanks to the support of international clients, multilateral donors and the private sector, Creative has active programs in 20 countries-from Honduras to Tanzania and Yemen to Cambodia. Since its founding, Creative has undertaken projects in more than 85 countries. Today, the Creative counts on a professional staff of more than 1,000 people around the world who are committed to working with officials, nongovernmental organizations and community members to realize the positive change they seek.
• Creative Associates International Inc. is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 30 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
• The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has contracted Creative Associates International to implement the Northeast Connection activity to strengthen the resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict. By targeting communities not yet under the control of violent extremist organizations (VEOs), this activity will seize the opportunity to mitigate the grievances that make communities vulnerable to violent extremism, while building social cohesion within and across communities in northeast Nigeria. In addition to helping northeastern Nigerians create a stronger foundation against the violent extremist and conflict threats, the activity is designed to develop local capacity to respond to emerging threats. In order to enable flexible and adaptive management of the activity in a complex environment, the activity includes a focused effort on research and analysis of the threats and coordination around programmatic opportunities and responses.
• Note: The position is based in Yola, Adamawa State, Nigeria.
• The Communication and reporting officer will provide a high-degree of support to the USAID-funded North East Connection program to ensure the program’s positive visibility with the client, implementing partners, relevant host government offices and selected communities. To meet these and other related goals, the Communications Officer will produce written, photo and video stories about its implementation. The Communications Officer will collaborate with program staff to identify stories, take the lead in developing these topics and produce the content. The ability to synthesize complex subjects, work quickly and produce accurate material are critical to the Communications Officer’s success. Work takes place primarily in Nigeria’s North-East and will require travel.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
• This position is based in Yola, Adamawa and reports to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
• Consistent with the North-East Connection’s communications and reporting plan and USAID’s goals, the Communications and reporting Officer is expected to:
• Ensure effective communications and visibility for the programme
• Develop, implement and monitor a project communication and visibility plan, facilitate better understanding among program grantees to adhere to guidelines on communications and visibility
• Identify topics and content that could be turned into basic infographics, and work with outside consultants and HQ Communications to make them into
• Develop compelling and visually attractive PowerPoint presentations that demonstrate the NE Connection’s advancements and successes
• Provide communications support to program colleagues, including events and branded materials
• Update printed marketing materials, online program descriptions and related materials
• As needed, supervise consultants and freelancers, including videographers and video editors
• Work on occasional multimedia packages – including preproduction (planning, logistics, consultants, etc.), field production and post-production (script writing, video editor, approvals, etc.)-with the HQ Communications Department.
• Manage the programs social media platforms
• Undertake filed visits to gather the information and results related to the programme.
• Support the MEL team in conducting monitoring missions
• Deliver quality content – written stories, short video scripts and basic photography – using a journalistic style that reflects the scope and results of the program’s work
• Provide high quality editing and formatting for all programme related documents
• Prepare and edit press releases, programme related progress reports and documents
• Knowledge management and reporting
• Implement all reporting and communication work of the programme
• Assist all components of the programme in producing and documenting all kinds of programme related reports including visibility material.
• Ensure the maintenance of sound filing system and appropriate use and recording of all project experience, activities and results.
• With input from the different units and in collaboration with the MEL manager write quarterly and annual programme narrative reports.
• Support programme staff in organizing and managing seminars, workshops, press conferences and field visits as required.
• Provide relevant expert services to the project management unit, programme components and implementing partners on reporting and communications and act as a facilitator or trainer
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor as per need of the programme.
• Fulfill administrative duties related to communications
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or a related field
• Two (2) to five (5) years of experience in journalism, communications, or public relations
• Proven writing and editing skills in English
• Ability to identify content ideas, find interesting angles and tell stories in a compelling, accurate, authentic and respectful way
• Understand how to effectively interview people
• Ability to build relationships and establish rapport with colleagues, both in person and virtually
• Ability to work independently and contribute to larger team projects
• Excellent English verbal and written communications skills
• Availability to travel to field locations in support of communications efforts.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
• Experience planning, coordinating and carrying out video productions (including script writing, interaction with contract videographers and video editors) is very helpful
• Video editing skills are desired, videographer and photography skills a plus
• Experience in Abode Creative Suite, including Premiere and Photoshop are helpful
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: Recruitment@connection-nigeria.com using the position as subject of email.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.