Jobs at:Medical Facility
Deadline of this Job:
17 September 2021
Date Posted: Friday, September 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Job TypeFull Time
• QualificationBA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
• Experience5 - 10 years
• Job FieldMedical / Healthcare
The Consultant Radiology is responsible for providing General Radiology services. This should encompass plain film reporting, special procedures, screening and cross-sectional imaging with X-rays, Ultrasound, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Mammography.
MBBS, FMCR, Valid and current practicing license from MDCN and Computer Literacy
Extensive experience in X-Ray, Ultrasound, MRI and Mammography, Excellent interpersonal skills, Good observation skills, Good verbal and written Communication skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Adaptability and Flexibility, Ability to work under pressure, Good clinical knowledge across all specialties, Confidentiality, Manual dexterity for certain roles, Excellent supportive and caring disposition, Excellent team player, Excellent leadership skills,
5-10 years’ experience in X-ray, MRI, Ultrasound, Mammography and other Radiology procedures;
• To provide general radiology services;
• Interact with patients to offer them psychological support and address their concerns regarding an imaging procedure.
• To participate in regular audit and monthly clinical governance meetings.
• To supervise all radiology examination and radiographers by always ensuring smooth operation of the radiology department.
• Liaise with other radiologist to ensure that the department is covered at all times.
• To implement protocols in areas such as drug’s reaction, resuscitation, emergencies, and infection control.
• Ensure appropriate use and maintenance of all radiology modalities at the facility.
• Participate in research projects involving radiology when necessary.
• Ensure qualitative interpretations of investigations by sharing and discussing with colleagues when necessary.
• Administer radiopaque substances by injection, orally, or as enemas to render internal structures and organs visible on X-ray films or fluoroscopics screens.
• Coordinate radiological services with other medical activities.
• Direct and supervise the activities of radiographers and trainee radiographers.
• Maintaining and ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Develop daily priority list that allows all scheduled procedures.
• Participate in continuing education activities to maintain and develop expertise as required by MDCAN and keep proper and updated registration with MDCN and NMA
• Establish or enforce standards for protection of patients and personnel.
• Ensure qualitative interpretations of investigation.
• Co-ordinate effective management of SOPs
• Comply with training requirements including personal development.
• Ensure compliance with health and safety guideline to minimize risk of exposure to ionizing radiation.
• Regularly inspect diagnostic equipment to ensure they are functional and operate efficiently.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should apply here
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.