Country Programme Coordinator
Deadline of this Job:
21 September 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), the Programmes Coordinator will jointly ensure the management and development of the country programme.
• The Programmes Coordinator supervises all programmes, with the specific responsibility for the timely and efficient programme implementation, and most importantly the quality of projects and programmes in terms of their impact. By supervising the implementation of results-based M&E systems, the Programmes Coordinator also guides the programme strategy and development of future programmes.
• Together with the Head of Mission, the Programmes Coordinator represents INTERSOS to donors and partners, ensuring that INTERSOS is recognised for its field experience.
• Furthermore, the Programmes Coordinator engages in medium and long-term planning and strategy activities, ensures continuous quality improvement of programmes and contributes towards a successful environment for the programme staff.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
• Lead the programme side of the development and implementation of the Country Strategic Plan
• Ensure that the overall programme is designed, managed and implemented in conformity to INTERSOS policies, strategy and guidelines.
• Context Analysis
• Analyse the country’s socio-economic situation, (donor) trends, needs and gaps
• Regularly conduct stakeholder analysis, in particular who does what and where (3W)
• Maintain active and regular working relationships with donors
• Maintain active and regular working relationships with other NGOs, UN agencies, clusters, working groups and consortia
• Regularly update a directory of donors, international and local NGOs, other partners and stakeholders
• Contribute to the reporting to national and local authorities as required by INTERSOS registration/legal status in country
• In the absence of Technical Coordinators, represent INTERSOS in key clusters and working group meetings
Fundraising and proposal development:
• Identify funding opportunities;
• Contribute to the identification of potential relevant international and/or local partners (private sector partners, national and international NGOs, think tanks, academia, etc.) to be included in proposals
• Liaise with Technical Coordinator to contribute to the ToRs of assessments to be conducted for proposal development and to request their input in the logframe development
• Contribute to the development of fundraising documents (be it expression of Interests/ Concept Notes/ Proposals) in line with INTERSOS country strategy and donor requirements and in close collaboration with INTERSOS HQ and finance
• Liaise with Head of Base, Project Managers and Technical Coordinators to ensure that proposals are relevant and technically sound
• Integrate learning from previous interventions (e.g. lessons learnt and best practices) into new proposals
• Involve Finance, Logistics, M&E, Technical Coordinators and Security teams in the development of fundraising documents, particularly finance for the budget and logistics in case of specific donor procurement rules
• Contribute to addressing in a timely manner all comments by donors on proposals in liaison with relevant staff in country and INTERSOS HQ and finance
• Read thoroughly all contracts before signature, seeking INTERSOS HQ and finance advice when required
• Ensure that contractual obligations (including visibility requirements) and reporting deadlines are known and met by Programme, and Finance, Logistics, M&E, Technical Coordinators and Security teams’ team
• When any issue is identified in meeting deliverables in the given timeframe and budget, inform relevant staff in country and seek INTERSOS HQ Program Department advice on potential solutions that would meet donor rules
Job Experience: No Requirements
Level of Education:
Work Hours: 8 CountryProgrammeCoordinator 0 60
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.