Deputy Finance Controller, Cement Plant
Jobs at:Dangote Group
Deadline of this Job:
13 August 2021
Date Posted: Monday, August 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Department: Finance (Plant)
Reports to: Plant Finance Controller
Direct Reports/Subordinates: 5
Job Grade: Managerial
• Oversee the plant’s budgeting and reporting; financial analysis and forecasting; cost and revenue management; and fixed asset accounting.
• Ensure accuracy of the plant’s financial records and compliance with best practice financial management principles and regulatory requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drive the implementation of approved finance policies at the plant.
• Drive and oversee the budgeting process and ensure inputs from all business units within the plant are in compliance with stated guidelines and that exceptions are escalated appropriately.
• Ensure timely and accurate preparation of periodic management reports at the Plant to aid management decision-making.
• Ensure ongoing review, update and documentation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial forecasts, and ratio analysis.
• Ensure collaboration/interface with other departments within the plant on financial assessment of projects, business models and business plans.
• Oversee the preparation of financial reports, ensuring compliance with DCP Nigeria’s accounting policies, and IFRS.
• Assume overall responsibility for the integration of business reporting requirements, the integrity of information contained in and the compliance of the plant’s financial report with relevant reporting regulations.
• Ensure effective utilization of plant’s financial resources to achieve cost efficiency.
• Proactively identify risks, and define and implement strategies to prevent revenue leakage.
• Ensure that organizational policies with respect to accounting for fixed assets are adhered to at all times.
• Ensure respective plant complies with all applicable tax laws and statutory requirements.
• Manage and maintain relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders including local and international tax authorities, tax consultants, etc.
• Coordinate the preparation of the department’s budget and approve departmental in line with approved authority limits.
• Provide overall guidance, leadership support and strategic direction in the execution of the department’s functions and activities.
• Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports to the Plant Finance Controller on the activities of the department.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Plant Finance Controller.
Education and Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other related discipline.
• Relevant professional qualifications such as ACA, CIMA, CPA, ACCA.
• Ten (10) to Fifteen (15) years relevant experience.
• Selected candidates will manage either P&L or Balance Sheet.
Skills and Competencies:
• Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
• Advanced financial and accounting knowledge, including understanding of finance best practices and IFRS/ international accounting and financial reporting standards.
• Proven experience in strategic financial planning and analysis.
• Very sound business acumen – financial and commercial knowledge.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong leadership and people management skills.
• Strong negotiation skills and influencing skills.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• High ethical standards and integrity.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities.
Working knowledge of SAP.
• Private Health Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Training & Development
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.