Jobs at:African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
Deadline of this Job:
21 November 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services and performs office messenger duties.
Under the overall supervision of the Division Manager and the day-to-day supervision of the Principal Logistics Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
• Support the Operations with focus to the Office staff, visiting missions and official delegation of the Office on official duties, within Abidjan as and when required;
• Transport the Division Manager or as otherwise assigned in the conduct of the Bank’s operations;
• Ensure routine maintenance for the vehicles of the Office;
• Perform office messenger duties;
• Represent the Bank in a professional manner with respect to appearance and conduct at all times;
• Ensure the cleaning of the vehicles, keep records of official travel, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, lubrication etc.;
• Ensure that the formalities provided for in the regulations are met in the event of an accident;
• Perform any other duties reasonably requested by the Division Manager and management.
Competencies (skills, experience and knowledge):
• Hold at least a High School Diploma;
• Hold a valid driver’s license with a clean track record;
• Possess any additional documentation and/or certification to carry out the job;
• Have a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience as a driver in an international/multinational organization, or public or private sector organization;
• Experience and skills in minor vehicle repairs, and routine maintenance for the vehicles;
• Working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of automotive equipment;
• Demonstrated initiative; be discreet, honest and have good character;
• Excellent team work and interpersonal skills;
• Good written and verbal communication skills in French or English. Working knowledge of other language will be an added advantage;
• Competence in the use of standard Microsoft software e.g. Microsoft Word and use of internet.
This Position Does Not Attract International Terms And Conditions. The Post Holder Will Be Considered As A Local Staff And Will Therefore Not Have International Terms And Conditions Of Employment.
Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct HRDirect@AFDB.ORG(link sends e-mail)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
1- Regular Staff
If you are currently working at the African Development Bank as a regular staff, click on the button below to apply for this position.
2- External Candidate
If you are not currently working at the African Development Bank, or if you are a Short Term Staff (STS), a Technical Assistant or a Consultant at the Bank, click on the button below to apply for the position.
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for further assessment will be contacted. Applicants should submit a concise Curriculum Vitae (CV) and any additional documents that may be stated as required. The President of the African Development Bank reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. http://www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever .
“Please note that the Bank does not accept dual nationality. Therefore, you are required to declare the nationality you would like to be considered by the Bank throughout your career, if hired. Please upload supporting Government issued IDs such as passport, National Identity Card or Certificate etc.”
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.