Field Support Technician
Jobs at:ipNX Nigeria Limited
Deadline of this Job:
30 May 2022
Date Posted: Friday, May 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of the Job (Brief)
• The Field Support Specialist will supervise teams responsible for maintenance of cable and termination, Commissioning and Testing Equipment of fibre drop cables networks on the Roads Telecommunications Service networks. This will include repairing any Fibre or Copper Cable break. This role is responsible for
• carrying out planned and contingency operations and maintenance (O&M) services in accordance with approved procedures and safety standards.
• Coordinate user support efforts by diagnosing network and device problems and implementing technical or procedural solutions.
• Implements proactive maintenance and sets up system monitoring, to reduce equipment failure and incident response time
• Execute Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule; working as part of the team to deliver effectively, on time & within budget.
• Diagnoses network and device problems and implements technical or procedural solutions
• Ensure Quality Control Checks on all reports for resolved incidents in accordance with defined procedures.
• Perform inventory of equipment and consumables required by Contractors, ensuring availability and repair / return of same. Maintains accurate records of the condition of splitters, equipment in all buildings, and inspections.
• Maintain the highest standards for safety and actively promote a world-class safety culture in all aspects of operational procedure
• Adhere to daily & weekly checks to ensure smooth operation of sites, keeping up to date & accurate records
• Ensure all work carried out is done so within the Health &Safety requirements
• Lead tactical response teams to resolve specific technical issues by delivering root-cause remediation and successful timely implementation of Engineering Operations
• Ensure continuous improvement efforts on infrastructure through monitoring of compliance to standards of procedures and policies, while delivering performance against agreed metrics
• Manage maintenance and repair programs, making sure there are no service failures.
• Maintain routing plans, network maps, and disaster recovery plans to aid business continuity in the event of an unforeseen service disruption
• Enable the division to deliver 100% uptime on all lastmile infrastructure.
• Execute Operations and Maintenance (O&M) plan in line with the B2C business objectives
• Produce timely and accurate reports of field activities: e.g. service reports and expense reports
• Execute policies, procedures and work standards required for the maintenance of last-mile fibre infrastructure and ensuring compliance by all maintenance teams.
• Provide feedback to support teams for correcting system documentation and updating Customers.
• Execute performance benchmarks, conducting analyses, and preparing documentation reports on all aspects of the critical facility operations and maintenance.
• Solve a broad range of hardware and/or software problems of varying scope and complexity
• Motivate and coordinate maintenance teams for individual supervision, support and performance evaluations
• Responsible for the on-site management of sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work performed is in accordance with established practices and procedures
• Managing the relationship with Facility managers and their facility staff programs, attending meetings or workshops as specified by the division
• Draft of progress reports which must be clear, concise, comprehensive, and easy-to-understand by stakeholders and key decision makers
• Manage storage of stock to agreed levels and ensure that you have parts available to complete jobs as quickly and efficiently as possible.
• Liaise with Line Manager to agree non-reactive works to be undertaken Demonstrate (Key competencies)
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline
• Fundamental knowledge of network design and layout as well as low voltage (copper/ fibre) cabling
• Ability to confidently communicate with personnel at all levels of the organization.
• Extensive technical knowledge deploying and managing network and infrastructure environment
• Well organized, articulate and has numerate skills
• Knowledge of network hardware configuration and management, including routers, firewalls, switches etc.
• 2+ years of Fibre/FTTH Operations
• Fundamental knowledge of network design and layout as well as fibre cabling.
• Experience in Vendor Management
• Experience working in a Service Provider environment and providing technical support to end customer solutions.
• Customer Focus
• Tech savvy
• Action orientation
• Drive results
• Cultivate Innovation
• Ability to optimize work processes
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.