Finance & Admin Officer
Jobs at:Heartland Alliance
Deadline of this Job:
15 September 2021
Date Posted: Friday, September 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Job TypeFull Time
• Experience3 - 5 years
• LocationAkwa Ibom
• Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial, Finance / Accounting / Audit
The Finance and Admin Officer will be responsible for day-to-day financial as well as administrative related concerns on the project within the state. The incumbent will work closely with the Zonal Manager in ensuring activity expenditures are allowable, allocable and reasonable and financial reporting is accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide guidance regarding all financial standard practices to all sub recipients in the state.
• Responsible for maintaining the interface between HAN and sub-recipient within the state to ensure accountability and the timely processing of sub-recipient funds.
• Address account concerns, as they arise, in a timely and succinct manner and ensure compliance of donor standard practices.
• Input data into QuickBooks on a daily and monthly basis.
• Review monthly financial reports from sub-recipient before submitting them to the Finance Manager.
• Serves as Human Resource Focal persons for the state office.
• Coordinate fund request and disbursement, verification and reconciliation of financial statements of accounts of the office and partners.
• Solely responsible for the custody and preparation of checks for payments after due approval has been obtained from Regional Office and or the Zonal Manager.
• Undertake the receipt and payment of cash as directed by Regional Office and or the Zonal Manager.
• Complete and submit tax remittance and pension contribution to the relevant tax authorities.
• Keep proper office records and filing as appropriate and ensure maintenance of project asset register.
• Generate activity budget and responsible for custody and disbursement of petty cash after obtaining necessary approvals.
• Co-locating with green housing partners when the need arise.
• Supervise the Logistic Assistant and the Drivers to ensure smooth management of operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor degree/HND in Accounting, Finance or closely related field.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting related to NGOs and community level programs.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Independent judgment and discretion in completing assignments, seeking approval as appropriate.
• Familiarity with USAID-funded programs and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to be able to accept and discharge substantial responsibilities, to prioritize work assignments, to meet deadlines, and to exercise professional judgment.
• Time Management - Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
• Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
• Adaptability - adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Cultural Sensitivity - Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
• Non-discriminatory- Does not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioral habits.
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
• Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
• Demonstrated competency in public speaking.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, Power Point.
• Other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office.
• The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited resource environments.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the link below.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.