Finance Assistant - Mubi
Jobs at:International Rescue Committee
Deadline of this Job:
18 August 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance Assistant is to assist the Finance officer by managing the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department, responsible for Cash processing and record keeping of the day to day transactions in accordance with IRC policy and procedures.
• To assist the Finance Officer in ensuring that timely and accurate payments are made.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of payment documents in compliance to IRC and Donor policies and procedure
• Coordinate with district teams for advance issuance and their timely adjustment of advances & Training’s documentation.
• Ensure completeness of supporting documents in all respect which includes authenticity of signatures, cross-checking attendance sheets and verifying payments to be made
• Posting all vouchers into transaction spreadsheet on daily basis for review by the Finance Officer. Ensure that all information in the spreadsheet is correct and complete.
• Processing of petty cash transactions on daily basis. Ensure petty cash is replenished on time to meet daily cash needs. Carry out cash count as per the IRC policy and schedule. Document the cash count sheets for records.
• Prepare all payments and make sure that they are properly coded and supported with relevant necessary documents.
• Assist Finance office in monthly bank & account reconciliation.
• Ensure all the financial documents are properly filed & tagged.
• ‘Paid’ stamping of all the invoices and related documents before filing.
• Ensure timely preparation of tax & deposit into bank.
• Visit Bank for necessary collection & submission of financial documents.
• Photocopies & scanning of all necessary documents/Instrument.
• Perform any other task assign by the line manager.
• Act at all times in accordance with local law and standards of accounting practice.
• Review budget with the aim of gaining a clear understanding of budget guidelines and instructions
• Review funding allocations to enable proper guidance to programs and proper coding.
• Provide training to program staff on finance issues.
• Produce monthly and quarterly reports to be reviewed by your supervisor
Key Working Relationships:
• Position Reports to: Finance Officer
• Position directly supervises: None
• Indirect Reporting: Finance Manager
Education: HND or bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a recognized College / Institutions
• Minimum of Three (2) years of professional accounting experience.
• INGO Finance experience is highly desired.
• Able to work in a high-pressure situation, solve problems and resolve conflicts.
• Able to independently organize work, prioritize tasks and manage time.
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to coach and support others.
• Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
• Computer literate with significant knowledge/experience in excel.
• Fluency in local context language is highly desirable.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click on the link to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.