Jobs at:Save the Children Nigeria
Deadline of this Job:
03 November 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
He/she will effectively interact with a diverse group of stakeholders, manage expectations and duties according to the agreed timelines.
He/she will be required to back stop for field offices whenever the need arises
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job descriptions and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Key Areas of Accountability
• Financial Support Roles:
• Raise cheques approved by relevant budget holders/finance and taking them to approved signatories for signing.
• Perform bank related activities; picking up monthly bank statements
• Support in the payments of participants and other beneficiaries.
• Maintain update of GLACOS on daily basis
• Assist in the remittance of statutory payments (Pension, NHF, NSITF, WHT, PAYE) on/before the due date
• Requesting and Collection of Finance unit office stationary and consumables from the Admin office for day to day business activities.
• Support in the verification of all assets
• Reconciling and matching of transactions on the system on weekly basis.
• Archiving of Document Role:
• Ensure all payment and journal vouchers are electronically archived on monthly basis
• Review monthly TL to ensure all vouchers for transaction posted to system are completely filed
• Properly label all files and arrange vouchers in their appropriate folders on the shelf for easy retrieval.
• Support during audits to retrieve selected samples a week before the commencement of any audit exercise
• Return all vouchers to their appropriate box files after the conclusion of any audit exercise
• Assist during audit to retrieve all relevant documents for audit exercise
• Produce soft/scanned copies of documents for retention purposes.
• Keep a standard record of document retrieval and return log
• Verify all transactions and ensure that the relevant supporting documents have been filed
• Maintain a filing system for all transactions
• Support in maintaining soft copy archiving system
• Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or line manager.
• Working Contacts:
• Internal: All budget-holders, field offices and other staff members
• External: Auditors, Bank, Government bodies, regulatory agencies.
Experience and SkillsEssential:
• An HND / BSc in Accounting
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work within a multicultural and multi-religious settings.
• Behaviors (our Values in Practice)
• Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
• High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
• Holds self and others accountable.
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• Designing more effective admin systems
• Willing to take disciplined risks.
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
• Safeguarding our Staff: The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
• Health and Safety: The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=210007RG&tz=GMT%2B01%3A00&tzname=Africa%2FLagos&utm_source=MyJobMag
03 November 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.