Jobs at:The Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Deadline of this Job:
28 October 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Finance Associate is responsible for assisting in safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of MSH and ultimately Global Fund against fraud, loss or misuse.
• S/He is responsible for ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, MSH policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency.
• The Finance Associate is aware of, and adheres to, MSH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
• Prepare payment vouchers
• Payment of Vendor Invoice
• Properly code all transactions
• Payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field
• Prepare and control advances
• Assure balances of unused portions of advances are deposited into the MSH account
• Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher and entering into QuickBooks
• Maintain accounting files
• Follow up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation
• Participate in the improvement of the accounting system and the system of internal control
• Create all financial reports as requested by supervisor
• Preparation of forms for statutory deductions and their remittances to the appropriate authorities
• Process online Payments
• Other tasks as requested by supervisor.
• Minimum of University Degree or HND in Accounting
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounting
• Experience working on a Global Fund Project
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets
• Ability to use basic accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks) or comparable software
• Verbal and written language skills in English required including speaking, writing, understanding, and reading and the ability to conduct business in English
• Knowledge of Donor funded programs, regulations and requirements
• Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial “common sense”
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with a service-oriented outlook
• Advanced reporting skills
• Understanding of the tenets of cash control and asset management, and ability to complete timely and accurate account reconciliations
• Demonstrated competence to assess priorities, manage a variety of activities in a time sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
• Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.