Jobs at:Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
Deadline of this Job:
9 may 2022
Date Posted: Friday, April 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 years
Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
The organization’s core ideologies are: We believe that:
• The change the world wants to see may be hidden in the life and destiny of an OVC.
• One child who is an orphan or vulnerable child could be the one that has the destiny to positively change a Nation such as Nigeria.
• We can be used by God to significantly contribute to improving the lives of millions of widows, orphans, vulnerable children & other vulnerable populations in Nigeria & Africa.
• We need to be the best and continually strive to beat our yesterday’s performance.
• In this Nation Nigeria, we have highly skilled Nigerian professionals that can come together to show forth our spirit of excellence and ingenuity.
• We want to be the most financially clean and compliant local NGO in Nigeria and Africa.
• We want to prove to the world that not all Nigerian NGOs are corrupt and we want to be an example (An Ambassador) of a credible NGO in Nigeria and Africa.
• WEWE wishes to recruit a talented and God fearing Finance Associate who believes in local organizations, that not all Nigerian’s are corrupt but instead believes in the ingenuity of the Nigerian and that the best of the Nigerian can be better than the rest. Someone who shares this ideologies and who sees helping vulnerable populations such as widows and OVC as a calling from the Almighty God.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• The Finance Associate will assist with the processing of financial transactions
• Ensure that financial transactions and reconciliations are processed in line with relevant policies and procedures.
• Ensure financial reports are timely provided according to financial guidelines.
• Maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports.
• Select and enter data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
• Advice and assist staff members on all aspects of travel claims and other financial matters, calculate and paid after authorization of due for claims and services.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
• A First class or Second class upper qualification is compulsory.
• ICAN professional accounting qualification or equivalent is compulsory.
• Must possess working knowledge of Quick-book accounting package.
• Minimum of 2 years post NYSC NGO accounting and finance experience is required.
• Experience managing USAID funded programs.
• Must be experienced in filing and document scanning.
• Ability to travel and work in difficult settings, including remote rural areas of the state.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software.
• Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines.
• Experience in providing administrative support to work teams.
Method of Application
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.