Jobs at:International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Deadline of this Job:
15 November 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance Coordinator - USAID / OTL
Requisition ID: req21104
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
• Act as the focal person and representative of Finance at the field sites
• Coordinating the activities of Finance and Administration Managers in the field to ensure quality financial records coming from the field. This includes capacity building of field staff based on needs identified by Field Managers in the field and development of financial system specific to a particular sub-office
• Together with the Programme and Field coordinators prepare quarterly salary mapping tables by the due dates and ensure the same are approved and used to charge staff salaries and recorded accordingly in SUN system.
General Accounting Services:
• Managing all aspects of day to day operations of the Finance department
• Ensure all procurement and other documents are reviewed on a timely manner
• Review bank reconciliation monthly from the main office and field sites.
• Liaison with bank on all banking issues.
• Forward to the Payroll Administrator every month, outstanding personnel advances and charges related to T7, for recovery.
• Preparation, review and posting of General Ledger transactions, adjusting journal entries and sub-office transactions.
• Supervising the monthly financial close process at the field and ensure timely, complete and accurate submission to IRC Abuja after review
• Overseeing the sub-ledger reconciliation process and confirm that the GL sub-ledger accounts match the details in their related modules.
• Ensure that all sub-office financial matters are addressed on a timely basis. During field visits follow-up on financial, internal controls and other program support action items identified.
• Set up the cost pool allocation table and run all cost pool and revenue recognition on a bi-weekly basis to minimize workload at month end. Cost pool table must be approved by senior management before the routine is run.
• Review of the National staff salary and ensure payment by the 28th of every month
• Ensure finance filing and document retrieval system is functional, efficient and secure.
• Ensure all Tax and Pension liabilities is paid to the respective bodies on a monthly basis on or before 30th of every month.
• Ensures Balances on all payroll accounts are ZERO on or before 30th of every month, and investigate if differences are noted.
• Ensure the finance dash board on the online BVA is reviewed and cleaned up on a daily basis
• Ensure that online BVAs assigned are reviewed on a monthly basis
• Closely monitor assigned grants to ensure that no grants are overspent or under spent through checking of over/under expenditure on the online BVA
• Preparation of donor reports by the due dates.
• Analysis of actual to budget results to identify problems in accounting or compliance.
• Identification of procedural or training issues to be addressed to improve the quality of report data.
• Review of the online BVA results to ensure maximum utilization of budgeted amounts and to provide recommendations for realignments as required.
• Assisting in the development and preparation of SPC allocation processes for overarching costs that comply with donor regulations on allowable costs.
• Ensure Timesheet reconciliation with SUN is done on a monthly basis.
• Working with operations and program staff to prepare grant budgets to support new proposals or realignments to ensure adequate coverage of country operating costs and NY direct and indirect costs.
• Ensure that all accruals at grant closure are accurate, valid and are promptly liquidated.
• Attend BVA, Grant Opening and Closing Meetings
• Update the unrestricted funds on a monthly basis.
• Setting smart goals and monitoring performance of staff.
• Mentoring, coaching and motivating staff.
• Quarterly Reviews of performance appraisal of direct reports.
• Daily supervision and review of the work flow processes for efficiency
• Ensures the timely preparation, review of all monthly bank account and cash reconciliations.
• Ensure timely transfer of cash requests and liquidity of the field locations
• Manage and supervise audits as they fall due ensuring documents are adequately reviewed
• Train and capacity build staff as required
• Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor.
Key Working Relationships
• Position Reports to: DOF
• Position directly supervises: Finance and Admin Manger.
• Master's Degree or professional certification in Accounting with three years’ work on direct experience related field in INGOs.
• Bachelor's Degree / HND in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field with Four years of experience preparing financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances and facilitating purchases.
• Computer literate with significant experience in excel, accounting package. Knowledge in (SUN system) will be an added advantage.
• The candidate should be mature, with stable personality and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; tact, patience, diplomacy, and appropriate assertiveness.
This job description can be modified at any time according to changes in the IRC activities or in the context.
Standards for Professional Conduct
• The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.
• In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.