Jobs at:Plan International
Deadline of this Job:
05 August 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
Deadline for application submission: 5th August, 2021.
The internship program in Plan International Nigeria provides on-the-job training in Financial management & reporting, program management, research and data gathering skills, communication, people skills, and work ethics.
It enhances the educational experience through practical and guided hands-on exposure and involvement in Plan Nigeria’s projects as well as providing exposure to the working environment of a multilateral organization and a better understanding of Plan Nigeria’s goals and activities.
Dimensions of the Role
Implementation of financial management processes, protocols and systems.
Key End Results and typical Responsibilities:
Accounting software operations and reporting:
• Prepare payment, journal and receipt vouchers using the corporate accounting software - SAP.
• To work for Plan International as a Finance intern with a strong grasp of accounting principles, employing skills in reconciling accounts payable schedules and effectively maintaining of financial records.
• Support program staff in making payments to participants during activities.
• Maintain good filing for all vouchers in their respective files to ensure easy retrieval.
• Ensure that all financial document is scanned and archived on PIN’S cloud.
• To assist with bookkeeping activities and ensure that every accounting transaction is accurate and there are no discrepancies.
• Support with preparation of Withholding tax, VAT, Pension and other statutory deduction schedules where relevant.
• Ensure that all NHF Cards are updated and ready on request.
• Perform any other duties as specified by your supervisor(s).
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice:
• Basic financial skills
• Possession of good report writing skills
• Passion for learning and development.
• Good computer literacy skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation.
• Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Accounting or HND in Financial Accounting or relevant professional qualifications equivalent.
• Completion of National Youth Service with less than 1-year working experience.
• Proven strong academic track record.
• Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and standards.
• Language skills; written and spoken proficiency in English.
• Internet proficiency, as well as proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
• Strong communication skills: oral and written.
• Experience in use of SAP (Added advantage)
• Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
• Ability to carry strenuous office duties of lifting heavy items.
• Familiar with international donors.
Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 6
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Use the link below to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.