Jobs at:International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Deadline of this Job:
10 November 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
IRC entered Nigeria in October 2012 to respond to a widespread flood disaster. IRC’s Emergency Response Team, with local partner CISCOPE (Civil Society Coalition for Poverty Eradication), implemented a project to support livelihoods and improve WASH in Kogi State from February to May 2013; 54 communities benefited from distribution of seeds and seedlings, new farming techniques trainings, household items, water, sanitation and hygiene promotion activities.
This was followed by a 3-month nutrition and food security program in the same location from October 2013 to January 2014. Our current project addresses malnutrition and associated health concerns among conflict-affected children in the newly liberated areas of Adamawa State.
Roles and Duties
• The Intern reports to the Finance Office Mubi. She / he supports the Finance Assistant / Office in aspects of day-to-day operations of accounting department in the Mubi Field office.
• Assist the finance assistant when making payments to suppliers, contractors and program staff based on approved documents and in line with authority delineation.
• Assist the finance assistant in ensure scrutiny of the entire bill for accuracy and receipt of goods before process for payment.
• Assist the finance officer on documentation, preparation of cash disbursement voucher for all cash transactions related to Mubi field office.
• Maintain confidentiality of all financial and other job-related information.
• Assist the finance Assistant on proper documentation, Stamping, Labelling, and filing of all financial documents.
• Assist the finance office on compiling support documents for audit purposes and retuning back to their original location of the audit exercise.
• Help finance unit in moving documents in the office system for approval purposes
• With the guidance of the finance Assistant/officer Scan any Finance Document before sending it to the country office for month closing. Common duties:
• Attend and participate in trainings identified / organized by your supervisor
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
• Diploma in Accounts or Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from recognized College / Institutions.
• A minimum of one (1) year of accounting experience including NYSC service year. Computer literate with significant knowledge/experience in excel.
• Able to work in a high-pressure situation,
• Ability to independently organize work, prioritize task and manage time.
• Strong inter-personal skills, and open to learn new skills
• Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/20875?c=rescue&utm_source=MyJobMag
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.