Jobs at:International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Deadline of this Job:
20 November 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, November 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Scope of Work
• The Intern reports to the Finance Office Yobe. She/he supports the Finance Assistant / Office in aspects of day-to-day operations of accounting department in the Yobe Field office.
• Assist the finance assistant when making payments to suppliers, contractors and program staff based on approved documents and in line with authority delineation.
• Assist the finance assistant in ensure scrutiny of the entire bill for accuracy and receipt of goods before process for payment.
• Assist the finance department on documentation, preparation of cash disbursement voucher for all cash transactions related to Yobe field office.
• Ensure all transactions are in compliance with IRC accounting policy, Donor restriction and generally accepted accounting principles.
• Maintain confidentiality of all financial and other job related information.
• Assist the finance Assistant on proper documentation, Stamping, Labelling and filing of all financial documents.
• Help finance unit in moving documents in the office system for approval purposes
• With the guidance of the finance Assistant/officer Scan any Finance Document before sending it to the country office for month closing.
• Assist the finance assistant with capturing expenditures into worksheet.
• Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor
• Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from SMTs.
• Report any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct (in-country and World-wide) as per the IRC reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members
• Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of refugees by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
• Graduate with Diploma in Accounts or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Economics / Business Administration from recognized College / Institutions.
• Computer literate with significant knowledge / experience in excel.
• Able to work in a high pressure situation,
• Ability to independently organize work, prioritize task and manage time.
• Strong inter-personal skills, and open to learn new skills
• Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible and punctual
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.