Deadline of this Job:
Date Posted: Friday, March 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations working in approximately 94 countries worldwide to find solutions to poverty and what it considers injustice around the world. In all Oxfam's actions, the ultimate goal is to enable people to exercise their rights and manage their own lives.
Internal Job Grade: D2
Contract type: Nine (9) Months
Job Family: Finance
Reporting to: Finance Administrator
Staff reporting directly to this post: None
• To support LINE in ensuring it maintains a high standard of accounting and financial control.
• The nature of this job demands rigorous and careful attention to details, proper understanding of financial systems and procedures, good inter-personal skills, and complete integrity at all times.
• The purpose of the role is to ensure that financial procedures are adhered to and non-compliances challenged while at the same time providing capacity building for the team to understand and comply with the procedures.
• The position holder will work closely with the programme and country finance teams to provide quality financial information, process payments and maintain comprehensive accounting records for the project.
• Ensure supporting documentation for payments is complete and correct (e.g. authorized and coded by budget holder) in accordance with Oxfam financial procedures.
• Prepare payments for authorization by account signatories.
• Ensure relevant statutory deductions are made, and transactions recorded accurately.
• Maintain a reliable and effective finance record filling system.
• Monthly reconciliation of accounts and follow up with any discrepancies.
• Support project team by ensuring payments in the field are anticipated, made in a timely manner and with safety in mind.
• Ensure payments are made in accordance with the delegation of authority limits.
• Ensure compliance checklist regarding transactions are adhered to.
• Ensure that all receipts are properly documented, e.g. by an invoice or receipt.
• Reconcile project’s bank accounts on a monthly basis.
Managing Bank and Cash Balances:
• Proactively monitor balance on bank account to:
• Ensure that balances are sufficient to cover anticipated payments.
• Identify receipts or payments that may require further investigation.
• Manage LINE bank and cash accounts.
• Maintain journal vouchers for receipts, payments and balances.
• Ensure fully authorised payments and receipts are uploaded on the system on a weekly basis.
• Monitor and ensure outstanding floats or advances are properly and timely cleared.
• Ensure cash counts are undertaken weekly, monthly, and whenever responsibility is handed to another person.
• Act as point of contact for day-to-day matters with financial service providers.
• Oversee filing systems, both electronic and hard copy (payables, receivables, payments, receipts, cash payments etc).
• Provide technical and administrative supports to Supply & Logistics Officers who may be required to carry out related financial management functions on the field.
• Support external audits exercises and ensuring that internal audit exercises are conducted periodically.
• Provide day-to-day technical supports to the Finance Officers of Implementing Partners as may be required.
• Provide support and advice to LINE Project Staff on various matters including: completion of finance related forms (expense claims, float accounts etc.).
• Locating documentation, supporting payments and receipts.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or any relevant equivalent is required.
• Three to Five (3 - 5) years of progressively responsible and directly relevant professional experience, such as finance, accounting, grants management - ideally with at least 2 years in International NGO.
• ICAN or ACCA qualification will be an added advantage.
• Ability to understand and implement government tax laws with respect to contracting, payments to vendors/service providers and remittance to appropriate authorities.
• Proven knowledge of computerized systems and demonstrable experience of working with computerized accounting packages and spreadsheets. Knowledge of Oxfam’s accounting software will be an added advantage.
• Proactive, flexible, and able to respond to a variety of questions relating to the job.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
• Manages own time under guidance and direction from supervisor and meet the deadlines.
• Strong analytical and planning skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a large multi-cultural organisation.
• Experience of developing and delivering policy and advocacy strategies and influencing policy change targeting different categories of stakeholders.
• Experience of working with high, mid and low level influencers across different socio-economic grouping and geography.
• Experience of advocacy and campaigning targeting diverse stakeholders in a similar position.
• Working with rural communities and facilitation of community development plans using participatory methodologies.
• Experience working with vulnerable rural people, including women and young children.
• Working in difficult terrains with limited access to urban facilities.
• Cultural awareness of the northern Nigeria and/or experience of the socio-cultural and religious issues of the region.
Key Behavioural Competencies
• We can engage with diverse stakeholders in a way that leads to increased impact for the organisation
• We spot opportunities to influence effectively and where there are no opportunities, we could create them in a respectful and impactful manner.
• We understand the importance of building relationship, within and outside the organization.
• We could engage with traditional and non-traditional stakeholders in ways that lead to increased impact for the organisation.
Agility, Complexity and Ambiguity:
• We scan the environment, anticipate changes, are comfortable with lack of clarity and deal with many elements interacting in diverse and unpredictable ways.
• We view problems as parts of an overall system and in their relation to the whole system, rather than reacting to a specific part, outcome, or event in isolation.
• By consistently practicing systems thinking we are aware of and manage well unintended consequences of organizational decisions and actions.
• We are good listeners who can see where deeper levels of thoughts and tacit assumptions differ.
• Our messages to others are clear and consider different preferences.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Location: Bauchi Application Link
Location: Kebbi Application Link
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.