Finance Officer 1
Jobs at:Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria
Deadline of this Job:
03 December 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance Officer I together with other finance team members will implement efficient finance activities within the office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist with the monthly finance QuickBooks report by imputing transactions into the accounting software.
• Ensure PAYE and Withholding Taxes are remitted before the last day of the month to the responsible parties.
• Monitor budget expenditures against approved budgets.
• Assist finance training for new staff on project finance operations;
• Review purchase orders, time and attendance records and prepare necessary reports for the project finance and senior management team;
• Ensures that all supporting documents are available and attached to the payment vouchers and stamped paid when done;
• Withdraws cash from the bank for program activities and makes necessary disbursements after obtaining necessary approvals;
• Ensure travel advances and activity retirements from the field office are retired before they are due;
• In close coordination with relevant finance staff, assist with monthly bank reconciliation;
• Prepares source documents for both cash and check payments;
• Supervise field office petty cash transactions;
• Assist with identification and payments to vendors, ensure proper authorization for payments, distribute payments as required; supervise the processing of staff claims and advances;
• Act as a focal person for field offices finance related matters
• Additional duties assigned to by their supervisor
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field (Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or related finance field). Minimum of 5 years’ NGO experience is required. Experience implementing USAID funded projects in Nigeria is highly valued.
Qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should send PDF copies of their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by CoB Friday 03 December 2021. The subject of the email should be the job title and location e.g. 'Finance Officer 1 - Abuja'
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.