Jobs at:Plan International
Deadline of this Job:
05 August 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
Deadline for application submission: 5th August, 2021.
Provide support under the responsibility of the Finance Operations Manager in ensuring that all accounting procedures for documentation of transactions of Funds Receipt and Disbursement are observed and financial processes and reports are in line with policies of Plan International Nigeria. To contribute to the provision of regular and detailed financial analysis report to inform management decisions.
Dimensions of the Role
Implementation of financial management processes, protocols and systems.
Key End Results and typical Responsibilities:
Accounting software operations and reporting:
• Prepare payment, journal and receipt vouchers using the corporate accounting software - SAP.
• Ensure that transactions are complete and accurate with self-explanatory and understandable descriptions.
• Maintain good filing for all vouchers in a limited access area to ensure easy retrieval.
• Support in ensuring all documents are scanned and properly stored on Cloud
• Maintain a record of vouchers borrowed by staff and ensure that they are returned and filed appropriately.
• Support with the clearing of all open items.
• Support the monthly SAP closure processes.
• Following up with offices and staff as regards the dashboard financial deadline requirements
• Print the monthly SAP reports for signing and appropriate filing.
• Ensure that the SAP balances of the advances account agree with the sub-ledger balances.
• Contribute to the monthly financial report.
• Support program staff in making payments to participants during activities implementation.
Internal Financial Controls & Payments:
• Ensure that the documentation for payment is acceptable and accurate with all arithmetic calculations being correct.
• Approved payment request should be processed within three days of receipt.
• Prepare the Withholding tax and VAT schedule where relevant before payment is done.
• Cancel (stamped PAID) all vouchers (payment, journal and receipt) and their supporting documents to forestall re-use.
• Ensure all cheques are prepared in a way that ensures accuracy and validation for payments
• Issue cheques as per weekly payment list; exception should be approved by CFM.
• Maintain cash books, including providing updates to Finance Operations Manager to prevent negative cash and bank balance.
• Release cheques to the right payee and ensure the appropriate receipts are issued and filed.
• Perform any other duties as specified by your supervisor(s).
• Prepare and maintain the sub-ledger for all advances (travel, purchase etc.).
• Ensure timely liquidation of staff advances should not exceed seven days after travel arrival
• Should ensure that more than one advance is given to staff at a time.
• Make available Bi-weekly to the Finance Operations Manager a list of all un-liquidated advances and support with the follow up of these advances.
Assist in the Administration of Staff Payroll:
• Prepare the withholding tax deductions report and completing and submitting monthly Statutory PAYE forms to relevant Government Organizations.
• Reconciles payment of NHF with Federal mortgage bank of Nigeria and a monthly update on all staff NHF Cards.
• Assist in the posting of all prepaid staff benefits on SAP.
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice:
• Basic financial skills
• Possession Basic financial skills
• Possession of good report writing skills
• Passion for learning and development.
• Good computer literacy skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation.
• Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree University degree in Accounting or relevant professional qualifications equivalent.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
• A BSc or HND in Financial accounting and related financial/Business administration courses.
• At least 2 years of practical work experience in managing financial and administrative systems for donor funded projects.
• A minimum of 2-year experience in grant financial management with donor-funded projects in Nigeria.
• Strong communication skills: oral and written.
• Experience in use of SAP (Added advantage)
• Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
• Ability to carry strenuous office duties of lifting heavy items.
• Familiar with international donors.
Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Use the link below to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.