Deadline of this Job:
15 October 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Finance officer will support the Finance Manager in managing the state budgeting, forecasting, disbursement and accounting functions. Other duties and responsibilities include;
• Provide financial management guidance & support to State offices, fielding queries from staff and capacity development of field staff.
• Checking and analysing weekly and monthly spend returns from the State and forwarding of these to the National Finance and Administration Manager.
• In-put of Cash, Bank and Hotel accounts data for the State.
• Maintain an efficient, proper and transparent financial filing system of all documents relating to Finance
• Compile monthly cash-flow forecasts and weekly cash requests.
• Make payments (in cash and cheques) to third parties, issues cash advances and maintain the Advances Register
• Write checks, request/obtain bank statements and oversee the office cash holding
• Manage the office cash in safe and reconcile daily
• Act as the first point of reference for staff at the state level on queries regarding Finance issues and
• assist FM in preparing protocols and guidelines on Finance.
• Undertake visits and field queries from the States to develop capacity and ensure implementation of
• finance guidelines across the States.
• Any other duties which might be allocated.
• A University degree in accounting, economics, business administration or similar disciplines
• 3 – 6 years’ work experience in a similar role with same responsibility
• Good knowledge of accounting, budgeting techniques, and financial control theory/practices.
• Ability to relate with programme/technical personnel who may have little or no knowledge of financial control procedures and practices.
• Knowledge of the funding, reporting and administrative requirements of FUDO-funded programmes.
• Ability to perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Functional independence with the initiative to manage high-volume workflow.
• Skills to interact with diplomacy and tact, and follow up on requests in time and diplomacy and tact, and
• follow up on requests in time and efficient manner.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to work with modern accounting software (e.g. SAGE, QuickBooks, Peachtree, etc).
• Membership of a professional accounting body, or an in-view status of membership will be a big advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15 h of October 2021. Please state the role and location in the subject of your email.
DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage. More information about DAI
can be found on the DAI website: www.dai.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.