Jobs at:International Medical Corps
Deadline of this Job:
22 October 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
International Medical Corps is therefore looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of
Finance Officer to be based in Kano.
Position: Nigerian nationals only
The Finance Officer provides day-to-day financial support on one or more programs/grants, including the processing of transactions, adhere to donor regulations and IMC policies and procedures, reporting, and assisting in financial analysis including Sub ward management and reporting. Finance Officer reports directly to Finance Manager
Accounting and Finance Management
• Assist the Finance Managers with day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions in field offices are performed in accordance with internal policy and procedures.
• The Finance Officer will be responsible for the Sub ward management include ensuring that all financial reports and supporting documentations submitted to IMC by sub-award recipients are accurate and received in timely manner and in line with sub-award agreement terms and conditions, Ensure IMC Payroll review, and assisting in financial analysis. of IMC company books.
• Review and account for procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy of amounts and control over payments.
• Suggests formats for financial reporting to aid financial statement users to better understand the contents of the reports for decision-making and strategic planning purposes.
• Ensures the maintenance of accurate records of financial transactions of the country office (main and field offices) in order to monitor financial status of all project activities.
• Assists with the management of the country finance department to meet the financial reporting requirements of in-country management and Headquarters; This function includes ensuring that all financial reports are submitted on or before the deadlines set and contain relevant information for all the users of the financial reports.
• Manages the monthly financial closing including accounts payables and accounts receivables of the mission under supervision of the Finance Manager.
• Assist in the preparation of all financial reports for external purposes in respect to accounting, legal and contractual requirements.
• Maintains the system of accounts ensuring all accounting data are updated, reconciled and fully supported.
• Oversee training of finance staff and provide technical support to country program and logistics.
• Ensure compliance with internal and donor regulations and procedures, establishing finance and supporting function policies, systems, and procedures, and directing or performing their development, documentation, and implementation.
Training/ Capacity Building
• Train fellow staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity and ensure sustainability of programs
• Advocate and plan for professional development of staff
• Maintain frequent communication with Finance Manager to ensure finance activities and objectives are communicated
• Work with program and logistics staff to ensure the coordination of programs are within budgeted targets
• Attend coordination meetings which are relevant to finance activities
• Interface with national government and relevant statutory agencies to ensure compliance with varying government regulations when necessary
• Serve as a liaison with donors on matters related to the program to ensure financial and programmatic accountability to donors
• Participate in donor meetings and communicate relevant information to Finance Director and Country Director when called upon to do so
• Assist in activities to ensure maximum visibility of the agency amongst the NGO community
• Participate in the production of reports and ensure the timeliness and accuracy of information provided, as well ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information
• Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors
• A university degree in Accounting or Business Administration. Professional certifications such as a qualified/almost qualified member of ICAN or other qualification recognized by IFAC is an added advantage
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in administration and financial management in the humanitarian sector, including extensive experience in the financial management aspect of international donor agencies.
• Extensive experience in working with computerized accounting systems, preferably Costpoint
• Experience in working within a large departmental team.
• Ability to carry-out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support from within the organization.
• Knowledge of varied donor financial regulations.
• Experience in enforcing the compliance of internal control procedures and policies relating to different departments and activities.
• Proven leadership qualities required.
• Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills.
• Can function effectively in a loosely structured work environment and to set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements
• Ability to work under pressure and manage work load effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work in participatory manner with staff to assess needs, implement and monitor activities.
• Ability to integrate and work well within multiethnic and multicultural team.
• Ability to work in harsh conditions, often in remote areas.
• Some record of experience with donor (especially: USAID, OFDA, ECHO, DFID, BPRM, UN-Agencies) specific procedures.
• Ability to work in harsh conditions, often in remote areas.
• Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
. Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
• Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
• Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
• International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
• ***Due to the urgent need of the position* a*pplications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.***
• International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this *recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address provided at the end of this document. International Medical Corps’ Reporting email address: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review.***
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications should be addressed to the Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered. We are an equal opportunity organization So Kano State Based candidates are Strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.