Jobs at:The International Rescue Committee
Deadline of this Job:
12 November 2021
Date Posted: Friday, October 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance Officer reports to the Director Of Finance in managing all aspects of day-to-day operations of accounting department assisting in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems and ensuring compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines.
• Supporting DOF in managing all aspects of day-to-day operations of accounting department in field office.
• Assist in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems.
• Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines.
• Supervise the Finance Assistant and ensure copies of all finance documents are properly filed.
• Submit expenditure worksheets to the Finance Head Office on or before 3rd of every subsequent month.
• Review all payment documents for proper and adequate back up.
• Review expenditure worksheets for accuracy and completeness.
• Liaison with Logistics, Administration and Program, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not captured in financial reports.
• Prepare bank reconciliation for field office by 2nd of every month.
• Liaison with field office bank on all banking issues.
• Ensure that statutory deductions are paid on time to avoid any penalty.
• Forward to the payroll Administrator every month, an outstanding personnel advances and charges related to T7 for recovery. Ensure that advances taken in a given month are liquidated appropriately.
• Conduct occasional time sheet audits for field office.
• Assist Finance Manager with balance sheet reconciliations.
• Help in following up advances’ liquidations.
• Manage Field Office Daily cash
• Personnel Management:
• Serve as technical resource person for the accounting department.
• Logistics Duties:
• Review all POs and PRs for proper coding and budget adequacy before approval.
• In liaison with Procurements and Logistics to prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not captured in financial reports
• Finance / Budgeting:
• Act at all times in accordance with local law and standards of accounting practice.
• Review with the objective of gaining a clear understanding budget guideline and instructions.
• Review funding allocations to enable proper guidance to programs and proper coding.
• Provide training to program staff on finance issues.
• Produce monthly and quarterly reports to be reviewed by Director of Finance
• Security / Communication:
• Communicate with Finance main office on security issues within the office and outside the office.
• Report to the Finance Officer/Finance Controller any irregularities that occur within the IRC office, staff compound and sites on policy and procedures.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
• HND or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from recognized College/Institutions.
• Minimum of Three (3) years of professional accounting experience.
• Computer literate with significant knowledge/experience in excel.
• INGO Finance experience is highly desired.
• Able to work in a high-pressure situation, solve problems and resolve conflicts.
• Able to independently organize work, prioritize tasks and manage time.
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to coach and support others.
• Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English.
• Fluency in local context language is highly desirable.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/20963?c=rescue&utm_source=MyJobMag
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.