Jobs at:DAI Global
Deadline of this Job:
14 November 2021
Date Posted: Monday, November 01, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The purpose of the five-year (2020-2025) “State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness” (“State2State”) Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected state and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria. This will be achieved by: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene [WASH]); increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary). State2State will achieve this purpose by facilitating the strengthening of subnational governance systems in a sustainable manner, supporting the efforts of local reformers and building on locally-derived solutions including, to the extent possible, reforms already working in other parts of Nigeria.
The Finance Specialist position will support the Senior Accounting Manager to manage the State2State finance/accounting activities and ensure strong financial management and performance of the project.
The Finance Specialist will:
• Support the Senior Accounting Manager and work closely across project teams on problems involving accounting systems and financial planning.
• Be responsible for providing the appropriate financial and operating information as necessary.
• Allocate project funds among the various program activities.
• S/he will support the Senior Accounting Manager in coordinating the annual and other financial audits—including preparation of supporting schedules and information—respond to auditor questions and consolidate report formats.
• Ensure that all transactions follow DAI/USAID standards, regulations and policies.
• Help establish and maintain adequate system controls to protect against financial misstatement, in accordance with applicable government accounting and administrative regulations.
• Record all financial transactions in Field Accounting System (FAS) on daily basis.
• Ensure accurate and timely processing of invoices, advances and reimbursements, checks, and wire transfer payments.
• Upload the expenses into Oracle based on DAI’s schedule.
• Perform monthly bank reconciliations and routinely monitors bank account balances.
• Ensure that payroll is recorded in the accounting system.
• Audit travel requests and expense reports for accuracy and compliance.
• Follow procedures to ensure accurate and timely payment and reconciliation of travel advances, reimbursements for staff and partner travel.
• Review and monitor outstanding advances report by paying close attention to advances that have not been settled after 30 days of issuance.
• Ensure that WHT is remitted as at when due as provided by tax law.
• Ensure that processed payment vouchers are printed and signed by responsible officers, merged with other support documents and uploaded on SharePoint on a monthly basis.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
The Finance Specialist will report to the Senior Accounting Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, public administration, economics, or other relevant field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
• At least 7 years of experience in finance and accounting. Previous experience working on US Government funded projects highly preferred.
• Strong training, communications, and personnel management skills.
• Previous supervisory experience highly preferred.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please use the link below to apply: https://fs23.formsite.com/OLJTgx/3krjdatkdi/index.html
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.