Finance and Admin Manager
Jobs at:International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Deadline of this Job:
15 November 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance and Admin Manager - USAID / OTL
Requisition ID: req21106
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
• Oversees the project’s financial portfolio, in addition to maintaining and supervising all financial systems and procedures required for grant management and accountability
• Ensures all finance and administration policies and procedures are in compliance with IRC and funding source policies, procedures, and requirements, establishes finance and supporting function policies, systems and procedures, and directs or performs their development, documentation, and implementation.
• Support the Finance and Admin manager in Coordinating the activities of Finance and Administration staff in the field to ensure quality financial records coming from the field. This includes capacity building of field staff based on needs identified by Field Managers in the field and development of financial system specific to a particular sub-office
• Together with the Programme and other finance staff prepare quarterly salary mapping tables by the due dates and ensure the same are approved and used to charge staff salaries and recorded accordingly in SUN system.
• Coordinate and consolidated monthly salary mapping and share with others finance staff for use for the monthly salary charge in the SUN system.
General Accounting Services:
• To support the Finance and Admin Manager in ensuring the proper.
• Managing all aspects of day-to-day operations of the Finance department
• Ensure all procurement and other documents are reviewed on a timely manner
• Review monthly bank reconciliation for the field site.
• Liaison with bank on all banking issues.
• Forward to the Payroll Administrator every month, outstanding personnel advances and charges related to T7, for recovery.
• Preparation, review and posting of General Ledger transactions, adjusting journal entries and sub-office transactions.
• Supervising the monthly financial close process at the field and ensure timely, complete, and accurate submission to IRC Abuja after review
• Overseeing the sub-ledger reconciliation process and confirm that the GL sub-ledger accounts match the details in their related modules.
• Ensure that all sub-office financial matters are addressed on a timely basis. During field visits follow-up on financial, internal controls and other program support action items identified.
• Review of the field National staff salary and ensure payment by the 28th of every month
• Ensure finance filing and document retrieval system is functional, efficient, and secure.
• Ensure all Tax and Pension liabilities is paid to the respective bodies monthly on or before 30th of every month.
• Ensures Balances on all payroll accounts are ZERO on or before 30th of every month and investigate if differences are noted.
• Ensure balances on all vendor accounts are correct and are zero.
• Monthly Payroll review and Payroll macro.
• And any other work that may be assign to you by your supervisor.
• Support the Finance Coordinator in ensuring the proper.
• Ensure that online BVAs assigned are reviewed monthly
• Closely monitor assigned grants to ensure that no grants are overspent or under spent through checking of over/under expenditure on the online BVA
• Preparation of donor reports by the due dates.
• Analysis of actual to budget results to identify problems in accounting or compliance.
• Identification of procedural or training issues to be addressed to improve the quality of report data.
• Review of the online BVA results to ensure maximum utilization of budgeted amounts and to provide recommendations for realignments as required.
• Ensure that partners are properly reviewed, and all expenses booked in the SUN system within the period.
• Ensure partners fund are properly utilized according to the partnership agreement.
• Assisting in the development and preparation of Pool (PJ and PF) allocation processes for overarching costs that comply with donor regulations on allowable costs.
• Ensure Timesheet reconciliation with SUN is done monthly.
• Working with operations and program staff to prepare grant budgets to support new proposals or realignments to ensure adequate coverage of country operating costs and NY direct and indirect costs.
• Ensure that all accruals at grant closure are accurate, valid and are promptly liquidated.
• Attend BVA, Grant Opening and Closing Meetings
• Setting smart goals and monitoring performance of staff.
• Mentoring, coaching, and motivating staff.
• Quarterly Reviews of performance appraisal of direct reports
• Daily supervision and review of the workflow processes for efficiency
• Ensures the timely preparation, review of all monthly bank account and cash reconciliations.
• Ensure timely transfer of cash requests and liquidity of the field locations
• Manage and supervise audits as they fall due ensuring documents are adequately reviewed
• Train and capacity build staff as required
• Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor
• Report any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct (in-country and World-wide) as per the IRC reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
Key Working Relationships
• Position Reports to: DOF
• Position directly supervises: Finance officer, Admin officer
• Internal: Works with TCs and other sector leads on finance matters related to the field location
• External: Works with the bank to ensure smooth flow and partners
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or Finance or CPA.
• Advanced Diploma in Accounting from recognized College/Institutions with a minimum of three (3) years of accounting and admin experience in INGO.
• Computer literate with significant experience in excel, accounting package. Knowledge in (SUN system) will be an added advantage.
• The candidate should be mature, with stable personality and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; tact, patience, diplomacy, and appropriate assertiveness.
This job description can be modified at any time according to changes in the IRC activities or in the context.
Standards for Professional Conduct
• The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.
• In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.