Finance and Operations Manager
Deadline of this Job:
01 August 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About Palladium - Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world's most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people's lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding - We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Palladium is recruiting for a Finance and Operations Manager to support in the delivery of a programme focussed on the prevention of Serious and Organised Crime (SOC) in Nigeria. The position will be based in Lagos, Nigeria with possibility of travel to project and partner locations (expected to be Edo, Zamfara, Bayelsa and Abuja).
The Finance and Operations Manager will report directly to the Team Leader.
To be confirmed, but there is high likelihood of delegation to and organisation of junior staff and regional staff.
The Finance and Operations Manager will work closely with the Team Leader based in Lagos, regional programme managers as well as the Project Management team based in Palladium HQ (Abuja or London).
Responsibility for financial and operations tasks, including recruitment, procurement and management of budgets is likely to be delegated by the Team Leader to the Finance and Operations Manager. The Finance and Operations Manager is expected to perform their role autonomously with minimal supervision from the Team Leader, and will be able to delegate some tasks to the junior programme staff.
The primary responsibilities of the Finance and Operations Manager, are as follows.:
• Ensuring compliance with both client and Palladium financial processes and systems
• Preparation of annual client and Palladium forecasts, with regular updates (at least monthly) to ensure minimal variance
• Management of the project bank account
• Preparation of weekly field vouchers and all payment approval documentation
• Preparation of monthly funds transfer requests for Palladium treasury detailing the forecast of expenditure for the month
• Working with the Team Leader to provide the required information for Value for Money reporting.
Human Resource Management
• Prepare and maintain the fixed term employment contracts for all project staff
• Prepare and maintain monthly payroll for all project staff, ensuring timely payment and the deduction of appropriate taxes and benefits
• Support the Team Leader in the establishment of the performance management system, and ensure compliance of all line managers with the requirements and timelines of the system
• Keep up to date with changes in local legislation surrounding employment legislation and employer and employee obligations
• Prepare and maintain consultancy agreements for project consultants
• Establish and maintain the project management manual, updating as required to ensure it remains up to date
• Ensure that all payments are made with the correct statutory deductions
• Ensure that all statutory deductions are remitted to the appropriate authorities within the necessary timeframe
• Oversee the project annual financial audit, including procurement of the audit firm (if requested by the client) and facilitation of the audit process
• Prepare and maintain contracts for local suppliers and agents
• Ensure that all contracts are filed and recorded in an auditable fashion
• Work with the Project Associate to ensure that all contracts are approved by Contracts and Compliance before signing, as required
• Oversee all procurement of goods and services
• Ensure compliance with both Palladium and client procurement procedures
• Establish and maintain the project asset register, ensuring it is up to date at all times and assets are managed and safeguarded appropriately
• Act as the primary liaison point between the landlord and the project
• Ensure that all office supplies are procured appropriately, and accurate stock records are kept for all consumable items
Safety and Security
• Act as the project Safety and Security focal point, liaising as necessary with the Palladium corporate security team
• Establish and maintain the project communications tree
• Maintain and update the project safety and security procedures as necessary throughout the life of the programme to ensure the safe and compliant operation of the project
Consultation and communication
The F&O Manager is responsible for:
• Attendance and active participation at weekly staff meetings
• Participation in the development of reports and programme documents as required
The post is domiciled in Lagos, Nigeria but will be required to make occasional travel within Nigeria, and possibly internationally.
The suitable candidate will meet the following requirements:
• Significant experience in management of finance and operations within a project or organisation
• Demonstrable familiarity and experience with Nigerian requirements in management of project finance (tax obligations, contract obligations, etc.)
• Excellent written and spoken English
The following will be considered an advantage:
• Experience of working on a donor-funded international development programme, especially a bilateral programme funded by the UK government.
• Languages skills that may be of use in project locations (Bayelsa, Edo, Lagos, Zamfara)
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so you should apply as soon as you are able. Applications will close on Monday 2nd August, so your application must be submitted by 23:59.59 on Sunday 1st August to be valid.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Use the link below to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.