Financial Accounting Specialist
Deadline of this Job:
03 August 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
UAC foods limited is a joint venture business between uac of Nigeria plc. ( a leading indigenous conglomerate in nigeria) and Tiger Brands Limited( A South Africa Leading Food Giant). The Business is committed to quality products and into production of leading brands in the Snacks, Dairies and Beverage Categories. The Snacks Category consists of: Ga...
UAC Foods Limited - a joint venture business between UACN PLC and Tiger Brands of South Africa operating in the food sector of the economy is a leading producer of Snacks, Beverages, and Ice cream. Our brands include Gala Sausage Roll, Funtime Coconut Chips, Groundnut chips and Cupcake, SWAN Natural Spring Water and Supreme Ice Cream.
We are seeking to hire a Financial Accounting Specialist
Support the preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual reports, analyze financial data for reporting purposes and assist in the maintenance of financial information required by both internal and external parties. Responsible for managing the general accounting transactions, assist in month end closing process and preparation of financial statements.
You will be accountable for
Strategy Financial Records & Transaction
• Responsible for the reconciliation of all General Ledger accounts and Balance sheet review.
• Recording financial data such as accruals, deferrals, reclassifications, and interdepartmental entries into the ledger monthly.
• Support month end account close activities with the Financial Accounting Manager
• Support in Internal and External audit engagement with Auditors and ensure implementation of recommendations arising thereon in UFL.
• Maintain Chart of Accounts (COA) structure and ensure General ledger integrity.
• Support in the preparation of required monthly financial reports and other Key Performance Indicators (KPI) reports.
• Assist in the Preparation of annual Audited Financial Statement for
• Assist in the preparation of Inter-Company Accounts and Reports
• Establish and manage effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders on accounting for the business transactions.
• Provide technical desk support in the interpretation, application and adoption of accounting standards including International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• Keeping abreast of regulatory requirements and best practices in accounting
Board Reports Support
• Support to prepare Board Packs, Audit & Risk pack, and Governance and Remuneration pack for Spring Waters Nigeria Ltd and UAC Foods Ltd
• Assist in the preparation of all required group reports to the Shareholders.
The ideal candidate will possess
• A Bachelor’s degree or HND Accounting,
• Possession of ACCA or ACA will be an added advantage
• Must have completed the NYSC program
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Industry as a Financial Accountant
• Good Knowledge of IFRS, Nigerian GAAP
• Sound knowledge of SAP & Microsoft Excel
• Good communication skills- both written and verbal
• A keen eye for details and data driven
• Deadline orientated and ability to adhere to strict timelines
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.