Deadline of this Job:
15 August 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mono is building the critical layer for Africa, across data and payment using open banking. Our easy-to-use API enables developers to connect with their end users' financial accounts to retrieve account details, transactions, and move money in a manner that is reliable, performant, and fair than anything else available.
Read more about this company
Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures.
Finance controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
• Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
• Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
• Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
• Research technical accounting issues for compliance
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Additional controller duties as necessary
• Advanced Degree in Accounting
• Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
• 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
• CPA or CMA preferred
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
• Complete understanding of accounting and tax reporting standards and experience in researching as it relates to accounting and tax issues.
• Experience with creating financial statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
• Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
• Stock options
• Flexible working hours
• Remote friendly
• Access to mental health service
• Health Insurance
• Training Budget
• Team building events
• Bank holidays swap inside the same month
• Fitness/ wellness stipends
• Yearly offsite
• Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
• Free lunch
• Friday happy hours
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Application Instructions - Read carefully!
• To apply, click the "Apply for this job" button. Please make sure you proofread everything as we are a company that really cares about attention to detail!
• Once you're done applying, please complete this assessment test. Take your time to get ready; it takes 15 minutes to complete but it's a little challenging and fast-paced.
Interested and qualified? Go to Mono on apply.workable.com to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.