Fixed Assets Officer- Cement Industry
Jobs at:Dangote Group
Deadline of this Job:
13 August 2021
Date Posted: Monday, August 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Manage and maintain DCP’s fixed asset records/ register and ensure proper accounting for fixed assets at the plant, in compliance with DCP’s fixed assets policies.
• Review CAPEX purchase requisitions and ensure accurate upload of all fixed assets in the fixed asset register.
• Calculate and record depreciation for all fixed assets in accordance with IFRS and DCP’s depreciation policies.
• Review, interpret and apply fixed assets policies to fixed asset transactions at the plant including purchase, valuation, revaluation, accruals and disposal.
• Reconcile the fixed asset sub-ledger to the general ledger on a periodic basis.
• Ensure supporting plant fixed assets records and schedules are sufficient to meet audit/regulatory requirements.
• Coordinate all fixed asset purchases with the various departments and collate updates on new additions on a monthly basis
• Ensure all new assets are properly labelled and set up in the fixed asset register and individual asset account.
• Periodically reconcile and coordinate physical stock taking of fixed assets to ensure proper location and existence of all fixed assets.
• Ensure accurate entries for all fixed assets acquisition, disposal/movements and depreciation.
• Manage the activities involved in the disposal of fully depreciated, obsolete or damaged assets.
• Participate in month-end financial closing procedures
• Prepare the year-end fixed asset/depreciation schedules for annual audit/review.
• Assist in the development of fixed asset management processes, policies & procedures.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Plant Finance.
Education and Work Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or other related discipline.
• Relevant professional certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA).
• Minimum of 5 - 8years relevant work experience.
• Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
• Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS and other applicable accounting standards.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good organisational skills.
• Good data gathering, analysis and problem solving skills
• High ethical standards and integrity.
• Basic proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
• Basic knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
Skills and Competencies
• Private Health Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Training & Development
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Use the link below to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.