Fund Manager, Alternative Investments
Jobs at:Stanbic IBTC
Deadline of this Job:
16 July 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, 08 July 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC is a full service financial services group with a clear focus on three main business pillars - Corporate and Investment Banking, Personal and Business Banking and Wealth Management. Stanbic IBTC Bank legally became part of Standard Bank Group 24th August 2007. The Standard Bank Group merged its Nigerian operations, Stanbic Bank Nig...
Read more about this company
Fund Manager, Alternative Investments
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Financial Services
The Fund Manager, Alternative Investments would be responsible for the development of SIPML’s alternative investment portfolio working with the relevant business teams , ensure professional management of alternative investment portfolios towards achieving the Company’s business objectives
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Technical & Portfolio Management:
• Research & Data analysis capabilities
• Analytical and quantitative background
• Understanding of capital markets concepts and structured products
• Understanding of Alternative Investment (E.g Power, Energy, Infrastructure) documentation and execution processes
• Understanding of ratings process
• Accurately interpret and apply regulatory and complex legal concepts
• Responsible for spotting investment opportunities within the regulatory framework
• Responsible for transaction structuring
Manage Investment opportunities with key industry clients:
• Manage clients expectation with regards to portfolio performance
• Maintain key relationship with clients
• Attend periodic Investment Committee and Advisory Committee meetings to communicate fund performance, economic and financial market outlook that might impact performance of assets under management on request
• Ensure the Alternative Investment portfolio is within the top 20 percentile on a risk-adjusted basis
• Monitor Alternative investments, economic conditions, markets and portfolio performance with respect to stated investment objectives/goals and make appropriate recommendations to the Head of Department
• Responsible for identifying and sourcing alternative investment opportunities.
• Maintain competitive watch and market intelligence on the performance of competitors in the industry.
• Ensure strict adherence to the guidelines, risk management and investment policies set by the Fund’s Investment Committee.
• Maintain important relationship with clients and counterparties
• Ensure the timely rendition of returns to clients and regulatory authority
• Periodic (monthly, quarterly, yearly) comparative analysis of fund performance
Fund Performance and AUM Growth:
• Alternative Investment Mandates
• Responsible for the growth of portfolios under management
• Accountable for investment returns for alternative asset portfolios
• Continuously evaluate the external environment and assess the impact on the Fund's activities. Where required, recommend necessary changes to plans.
• Preparation of periodic Fund performance reports vs benchmarks and targets
• Preparation of periodic reports on growth in assets under management for SIPML and the industry including market share analysis.
• Monitoring the performance and growth in assets under management of competitors.
• Proactively develop relationships with key external stakeholders including relevant to the alternative asset portfolios to ensure Stanbic IBTC gets appropriate co-operation when required
• Manage relationships with internal stakeholders.
• Hold primary relationship with clients and handle all aspects of client interaction including coordinating and execution of transactions.
• Monitor client account performance and service client needs to retain existing clients.
Manage the Fund Risk:
• Adherence to the guidelines set by the Investment Committee and terms of the Fund with respect to Investment Processes
• Ensure adherence to all Company’s standards/policies.
• Ensure regulatory & legal compliance.
• Ensure adherence to all ESG policies and Stanbic IBTC SEE framework
• Assist in monitoring markets and pre-empting risk for both clients and Stanbic IBTC
Preferred Qualification and Experience
• Postgraduate qualifications in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or other relevant Degree. Other relevant qualifications including qualifications such as a Masters, and MBA is required
• Master's in Business Administration; Strong Analytical/Numeracy Skills; Insight and knowledge of local and international practices in pensions and retirement benefit industry; In-depth understanding and practical knowledge of Asset/Fund Management industry.
• Certified Financial Analyst (CFA)
• Minimum 10 years post qualification experience with at least 4 years spent in the Financial Sector and 4 years in top management position Experience in Investment Banking, Project Finance, Infrastructure Finance and Advisory, Credit, Asset management/pension fund investment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Stanbic IBTC on careers.peopleclick.eu.com to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.