Jobs at:United Bank for Africa (UBA)
Deadline of this Job:
24 September 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
United Bank for Africa (UBA)
UBA’s has more than 65 years of providing uninterrupted banking operations dating back to 1948 when the British and French Bank Limited ("BFB”) commenced business in Nigeria. BFB was a subsidiary of Banque Nationale de CrÃ©dit (BNCI), Paris, which transformed its London branch into a separate subsidiary called the British and French B...
Read more about this company
• Deepen the Bank’s third currency trading for visibility and profitability.
• Ensure provision of competitive quotes at all times during market operations.
• To execute third currency mandates on both proprietary and client-specific basis.
• To build business relationships and supply generalist treasury advice to the business units.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Monitor global currency markets for price movements.
• Daily evaluation of technical analysis (charts) to identify trading opportunities.
• Ensure compliance with approved trade size and daily acceptable loss limits.
• Seal and cover trades at competitive prices for African subsidiaries, local banks and internal customers (Treasury Sales)
• Build trust relationship with African subsidiaries, local banks and internal customers (Treasury Sales).
• Manage relationships in accordance with policies, procedures and legal requirements.
• Review of Master Agreements with foreign and local banks for adequacy of content.
• Liaise with other market participants; and implementing market development initiatives.
• Generate report for relevant stakeholders.
• Generate Daily Settlement for Liquidity Management by end of day for funding.
• Generate Daily Settlement for back office (TropsFCY) by end of day for settlement.
• Master's Degree in Finance and other business-related disciplines and a professional qualification will be an added advantage.
• A Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a bank’s Treasury and experience in FCY Trading is required.
• Our ideal candidate must possess strong trading skills, must be able to carry out daily evaluation of technical analysis (charts) to identify trading opportunities, liaise with other market participants and implement market development initiatives.
• Good knowledge and understanding of the foreign exchange market and operations.
• Interpersonal and communications skills.
• Money management skills.
• Strong trading skills.
• Good Customer Service.
• Relationship Management.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Coaching and Mentoring skills.
• Extensive knowledge of the bank’s products, policies and procedures.
• Good understanding of methods of market analysis (Fundamental and Technical).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.