Jobs at:Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
Deadline of this Job:
15 November 2021
Date Posted: Friday, November 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are seeking job applications from qualified candidates to fill in the position of Grants Officer. WEWE is currently implementing a USAID-funded project and a US CDC funded project and we are looking for talented, gifted and intelligent individuals that are God fearing.
This position is being recruited strictly on merit, we do not have an already existing candidate, we are sincerely looking for the best candidate that can add value to the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide administrative and financial management of grants to ensure compliance with Donor grant processes and regulations.
• Analyze and evaluate grant applications and monitor expenditures of beneficiaries
• Provide grantees with technical assistance in financial management, procurement, planning and implementation of activities.
• Conduct training as needed, such as for various potential grantee organizations and internal staff, etc.
• Conduct pre-award audits for grantee organizations, in addition to audits during implementation and at close-out in coordination with internal Audit and compliance.
• Monitor grantees to ensure they implement and administer grants according to grant agreement and Donor regulations.
• Review WEWE Grant Manual
• Monitor technical implementation of grants to ensure timely progress and according to submitted technical reports, proposed strategy and work plans
• Provide guidance to local partners on grant management
• Ensures that IAs contracts are up to date and work on new agreements for new IAs
• Conduct quarterly review of their transaction and follow up on any issues raised by IAs and close it on timely basis
• Visit IAs activities to ensure things are done in line with WEWE’s procedures and Donor guidelines.
• Process IAs timesheet for payments
• Perform all other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
• Must Bachelor's Degree or HND in Accounting or Finance.
• Must have a second class upper or high credit.
• Master's Degree in business administration, accounting or finance is an added advantage.
• Must have experience in either auditing USAID projects or sub- grants for Two (2) years’ experience in USAID grants design and administration, management and oversight
• Experience previously working on USAID projects in the role of a Grants Officer or similar role
• Familiarity with USAID Grants Management policies and procedures
• Professional accounting designation such as ACA / ACMA / ACCA or equivalent is an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word or PDF document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.