Grants and Compliance Assistant
Jobs at:Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS)
Deadline of this Job:
04 November 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Grants Compliance Assistant provides guidance to relevant staff to improve their understanding of the terms and conditions of grants and contracts by providing donor compliance advice and training so that programs are delivered responsibly with minimized compliance risk.
Under the supervision of the Grants & Compliance Officer, the Grant & Compliance Assistant will have to perform the following activities:
• Provide overall administrative support for the Grant Compliance Unit.
• Develop and maintain strong professional relations with key staff at various donors, as well as internal stakeholders: Programs, Finance, HR & Admin teams, etc. as needed.
• Advise both program and finance stakeholders of any changes made to donor compliance regulations and assess their impact on programs
• Support and Participate in the development/revision/review of future Grants Manuals.
• Contribute to project work plans, budgets, and annual/quarterly reporting, as assigned by the Grants and Compliance Officer.
• Work closely with the Finance, Program and Grants Units to develop and provide training on donor compliance matters.
• Support the Grants & compliance officer with the preparation of files and documents.
• Ensure effective internal control system by managing and conducting routine compliance and spot checks.
• Maintain Grants and Compliance department files.
• Prepare vetting and other compliance related submissions to the donor for JRS activities.
• Work with the Finance Team to support income reporting.
• Other duties as assigned
• 2 -3 years of relevant professional experience with at least 1 year in donor regulations and grant compliance.
• University degree in Finance/Economic/Accounting or related field
• International, non-profit, and government experience and/or interest are preferred.
• knowledge of Donor regulations and ability to analyze and interpret information.
• Demonstrated experience in providing administrative support to diverse teams.
• Ability to effectively use all MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Well organized and flexible/adaptable to changing priorities.
• Ability to prioritize multiple competing requests, tasks, deadlines, and needs.
• Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues overseas from various backgrounds.
• Experience working in accounting software is preferred, Microsoft Dynamics NAVISION is an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using this Apply link
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.