Head, Internal Audit and Compliance
Jobs at:Concept Group
Deadline of this Job:
01 November 2021
Date Posted: Friday, October 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Head, Internal Audit and Compliance has overall responsibility for the Internal Audit and compliance function within the group.
The position is grossly responsible for Risk management and control in the group, ensuring efficiency/effectiveness of operations (including the safeguarding of all assets), quality checks and reliability on risk asset transactions, conducting special investigations and control costs as well as overseeing and managing compliance within the organization to ensure that the company and its employees are complying with regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures.
He/she is also responsible for providing reasonable assurance to Executive Management and the Board of Directors on the effectiveness and efficiency of governance, risk management, compliance and internal controls, for increase in productivity, confidence in stakeholders, fraud detection, quality control and good corporate governance.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide assurance to Executive Management and Board of Directors on the effectiveness or otherwise of the company’s risk management, internal control processes, procedures and policies and systems.
• Ensure that a yearly audit plan covering all company’s risk areas is in place, approved by the Board and followed up for full execution.
• Supervises the execution of detailed audit procedures, including review of transactions, documents, records, reports, policies and procedures for accuracy and effectiveness.
• Coordinate investigations into suspected fraudulent practices across the organization and recommend the appropriate line of action.
• Responsible for planning, executing, and reporting on operational, financial, regulatory, and compliance-related audits/reviews as well as ensure strict adherence to policies and procedures.
• Define the strategic direction for the Internal Audit function which aligns with the overall strategic goals of the company.
• Ensure required regulatory/statutory returns are rendered to the relevant agencies in a timely, regular, complete, and qualitative manner.
• Ensure appropriate level of communication is maintained on Internal Control matters to support the framework and ensure appropriate ownership and accountabilities from management and managers.
• Coordinate periodic reviews of the company’s functional activities (Departments and Branches) and submission of reports on same to Audit Committee of the Board.
Requirements & Skills
• M.Sc in Accounting, Finance, or any other related field, with relevant certificates and professional membership.
• Minimum of 8 years cognizant experience with other relevant professional certifications.
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in auditing; internal audit standards, ethics and fraud awareness.
• Strong Analytical and documentation skills.
• Experienced recommending Results / Corrective Actions.
Salary N7,000,000 - 12,000,000 / Yearly
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to:
using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.