Head of Audit, Nigeria - General Manager
Jobs at:Citibank Nigeria Limited
Deadline of this Job:
22 April 2022
Date Posted: Friday, April 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Audit, Nigeria - General Manager
Job Req ID: 22458456
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Internal Audit
Job Family: Audit
• The Head of Audit - Nigeria is responsible for performing audits and assessments of Citi’s risk and control environments in coordination with the Audit team.
• The overall objective is to apply in- depth disciplinary knowledge through value-added perspectives or advisory service to help Citi reach business goals.
This role will be responsible for:
• Execution of Country Audit assurance plan in line with Citi IA methodology by understanding regulatory landscape and key risks related to Citi franchise, overseeing and reviewing work completed by other team members and identifying opportunities for enhancing efficiency and quality of delivery.
• Delivering on time high quality Audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
• Leading, providing supervision and developing medium-sized team of auditors within the cluster to ensure quality audit and regulatory delivery.
• Representing Citi IA function in discussions with regulators within the cluster and delivering regulatory commitments.
• Partnering with the IA product and functional teams to ensure alignment and focus on critical priorities and oversee strategic coordination; including monitoring progress and tracking actions in achieving stated critical priorities and ensuring effective communication and information flow across team leads.
• Working with IA Quality Assurance (QA) team to address any QA findings, regulatory issues against IA etc.
• Working with IA Management Information (MI) team to analyse audit data in audit systems from a regional perspective; ensuring corrections are made, as required, and following up to ensure errors detected are sustainably addressed.
• Appropriately assessing risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citi, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
• Maintaining an appropriate, pro-active, constructive, solutions-driven relationship as the independent auditor with the Chief Country Officer (CCO); and support the CCO in the fulfilment of their responsibilities in respect of governance, risk management and internal control.
• Ensuring the Audit Committee, CCO and in-country Management receives prompt, timely and complete information relating to the activities of Internal Audit as part of governance forums and regular updates.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
• Minimum of 1st degree. BA / BS or equivalent.
• Higher degree or related certifications (ACCA, CIA, CPA, ACA, CFA, CISA, CAMS or similar) is mandatory.
• Minimum of 15 years of experience (with at least 12 years in banking) with at least 2 years at Deputy General Manager/VP grade level.
• Minimum of 5 years must have been in a senior position within the audit function
• Experience in at least 3 major areas of banking.
• Experience in working with global teams and dealing with integrated internal audit and assurance delivery. Good understanding of banking sector.
• Prior experience of conducting risk-based audits and presenting results to management. Experience in managing regulatory relationships and presenting insights into governance committees are a plus.
• Knowledge and experience of risk issue management criteria, tools, and methods.
• Understanding of how risks and control deficiencies need to be prioritized and remediated across the first and second line of defense.
• Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
• Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal; ability to digest vast amounts of information and be able to succinctly present messages.
• Good numerical and analytical skills. Ability to deal with data and derive insights. Advanced skills with Excel. Demonstrating a high level of analytical rigor in formulating objectives and measuring results. Operating with passion and real drive when pursuing goals.
• Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels within the organization and beyond, including senior management and regulators. Effective influencing skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues/requests.
• Pragmatic problem solver, forward thinker with independence of thought.
• Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries; willing to break down functional silos to optimize business results and to facilitate the overall growth of the franchise. Self-motivated and goal-oriented. Sense of urgency in implementing programs and evaluating priorities; decisive, action-oriented and practical. Willing to challenge and question the status quo, making recommendations for options and best solutions. Critical thinking is a key requirement of the role, as themes related to risks and issues around the organization will be identified and presented to key stakeholders, such as senior management, the Audit Committee, Board, regulators and external audit functions.
• Effective leader, being able to manage and develop auditors with different experience and background, building a culture of trust, support and accountability.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
• Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
• Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
• Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.