Head of Business
Jobs at:Intersect Consortium
Deadline of this Job:
01 April 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Intersect Consortium is the largest consortia of Mental Health products and service providers in West Africa. Our Members understand the growing need for Mental Health Services and Products in Africa and continually work to provide Awareness, Education, Treatment, and Support to Individuals, Companies, Families, and the society at large.
From Health Care to Manufacturing and Information Technology, IC boast of 8 Treatment Centers, A Non-Governmental Arm, an indigenous Manufacturing Company, a Technology Outfit with other independent services.
Reports To: CEO
Intersect Consortium is looking for a driven Head of Business with an entrepreneurial mindset to take lead on and coordinate all marketing, business & strategic development activities. S/He will work closely with the CEO, Medical & Clinical Directors in developing long terms goals in the areas of communication, branding, business development, research, and corporate sustainability.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate business development activities for multiple organizations in the consortium and provide guidance and supervision to business development officers in each organization.
• Define and develop the right strategy for all business development activities while ensuring it aligns with each Organization’s vision, mission, and long-term goal.
• Continually conduct market research to identify Business Opportunities, competitive advantages aimed at increasing Company Sales and revenue, obtaining dominance in existing markets, and boosting market penetration.
• Set up appropriate business targets and goals for each business entity in line with the overall corporate vision.
• Offer commercial and critical input into clinical development to increase Bed Occupancy and ensure business targets are met.
• Identify innovative tactics, corresponding business plans, and sustainable operations to drive revenue and volume growth while meeting the market's needs.
• Be involved and oversee the preparation, review, and submission of proposals and client contracts.
• Develop an in-depth understanding of all company offerings (products, services, and value propositions) and continuously expand this knowledge.
• Pitch Products & Services to prospective customers, conduct presentations, sell, negotiate and be able to confidently communicate to drive sales and close deals.
• Prepare Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Sales & Business development reports. Perform Planned vs Actual Targets analysis and measure performance with appropriate KPIs and metrics.
• Conduct a quarterly comparative analysis of all service lines to identify underperforming products/services, and develop solution-based optimization strategies.
• Recognize the importance of Social Media and Digital Presence. Work with the Social Media Team in leveraging online platforms and channels.
Business Team Management
• Direct and manage the business development unit; inspiring, motivating, training, delegating, and supervising business development officers.
• Be involved in interviews to identify candidates that are a right fit for the Organizations for which they are needed.
• Regularly organize meetings with teams, Company Leads, and relevant departments, to discuss strategy formulation, evaluate business performance, areas for systems improvement, and new business.
• Be an active participator in a broad range of committees, Management, and other leadership level meetings.
• Establish, build and retain long-term relationships with existing clients, Psychiatrists, Psychologists, and other allied Mental Healthcare Professionals (internal and external), stakeholders, and senior decision-makers in government Agencies, Private Organizations, and other relevant influencers.
• Build an Intersect eco-system by creating and maintaining community relevance through community workshops and seminars and other activities aimed at increasing visibility.
• Introduce a system to collect, evaluate customer feedback, and translate to service improvement ensuring clients stay satisfied and positive.
• Make recommendations to Management on services that meet, predict, and mirrors current clients’ future needs.
• Ensure the continuous refinement of product and service offerings in line with modern best practices.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Minimum of a Masters's degree in business administration, or related field.
• 7- 10 years cognate experience supervising a large team of employees.
• Experience working in the Healthcare industry will be an added advantage.
• Adept computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Spreadsheets), Word Processing.
• Business savvy with strong persuasions and negotiation skills.
• Thorough understanding of strategy development, Budget creation, and report writing.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, delegate, and independently lead various projects simultaneously.
• Excellent verbal and written Communication Skills
• Strong work ethic and able to build a team culture of accountability.
• Fact-based, strategic, and decisive decision-maker.
• Strong interpersonal skills with experience building rapport and creating strong relationships.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.