Head of Credit Risk
Jobs at:Carbon Nigeria
Deadline of this Job:
28 April 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
About the Role
Carbon’s success has created the opportunity for a Head of Credit Risk, Africa.
Reporting to one of the founders, the person will be responsible for underpinning the Company’s growth across multiple countries, working with local teams to put the most appropriate credit risk and collections policies, processes, procedures and systems in place.
The position is very hands-on and will require the ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Developing and managing BNPL, retail and SME credit risk policy, processes & procedures in each current and new location.
• Developing and managing the collections policy, process and procedures.
• Helping to develop local talent, and leading successful and effective local credit risk & collections teams.
• Helping to achieve sustained growth in volume and profitability, year on year, to contribute toward the realisation of strategic objectives.
• Achieving continuous improvement in quality of lending portfolios across Pan African continent.
• Proven experience in African markets building profitable consumer lending portfolios and with a demonstrable experience of underwriting and fraud prevention techniques and systems
• A good understanding of Collections techniques – with the ability to develop policies, manual processes and procedures.
• A strong commercial acumen with a detailed understanding of the key drivers and metrics of cost to collect, cost of acquisition and unit economic models
• Knowledge and hands on experience of automated credit decision systems is essential.
• Strong Analytical and technical skills, with an ability to explain issues in a clear manner and problem solve
• Experience of using low codes tools would be advantageous
• Excellent career progression to date with quantifiable evidence of success and achievement.
• Capable of transferring knowledge to local teams.
• A self-starter with a proactive, hands-on and adaptable style and approach.
• A confident, assertive individual with strong business and organisational skills.
• A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
• Potential to work in different geographies.
• Health Insurance.
• Life Insurance
• Career development & Growth.
• Offer a remote working option.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to Carbon Nigeria on carbon.bamboohr.com to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.