Head of Finance
Deadline of this Job:
15 August 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mono is building the critical layer for Africa, across data and payment using open banking. Our easy-to-use API enables developers to connect with their end users' financial accounts to retrieve account details, transactions, and move money in a manner that is reliable, performant, and fair than anything else available.
Read more about this company
Head of Finance
Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
• As the head of finance, you will supervise all financial tasks at Mono and ensure we use capital and resources beneficially.
• You will also be creating forecasting models, assessing risk in investments, and ensuring all accounting activities comply with regulations.
• To be successful in this role, you should have experience crafting financial strategies. Ultimately, you will maintain our company’s financial health and increase profitability in the long run.
• Forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual results
• Building financial models for fundraising
• Approve or reject budgets
• Evaluate and decide on investments
• Supervise a team of Accountants
• Allocate resources and manage cash flows
• Conduct profit and cost analyses
• Risk control: D&O, insurance
• Develop secure procedures to maintain confidential information
• Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations
• Partner with the CEO on investor relations – help prepare board decks, help with fundraising (process, due diligence, etc), update the VCs
• Consult board members about funding options
• Recommend cost-reducing solutions.
Why you're here
• Keep the house in order: financials and key metrics (churn etc) are accurate and available promptly
• Avoid disasters: As the head of Finance, you will help the CEO have an accurate picture of the cash situation and burn at all times and helps build realistic projections (and forecast as necessary)
• Run a tight ship: stuff and people get paid on time, KPIs are tracked
• Avoid accumulating “organizational debt”: any unaddressed deficiency around accounting, finance, processes, operations, etc accumulates and compounds over time, and becomes very painful to untangle down the road
• Partner with the CEO on strategy: while covering the tactical aspects of finance and operation makes a world of difference as it is, you will engage with the CEO also at a strategic level, as you would have a company-wide perspective
• B.Sc / BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
• MSc/MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus.
• Proven work experience as a Head of Finance, Director of Finance or similar role
• In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
• Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
• Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
• Proficiency in accounting software
• Solid analytical and decision-making skills
• Leadership abilities
• Tech abilities - You must have a strong understanding of technology, as technology influences almost every single decision in a modern business. Pursuing process automation, for example, can save time and money. And using digital services can broaden a business’s reach and deepen connections with consumers. The CFO should understand how technology impacts their business, both in terms of the opportunities it can create and the challenges it can present.
• Stock options
• Flexible working hours
• Remote friendly
• Access to mental health service
• Health Insurance
• Training Budget
• Team building events
• Bank holidays swap inside the same month
• Fitness/ wellness stipends
• Yearly offsite
• Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
• Free lunch
• Friday happy hours.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Application Instructions - Read carefully!
• To apply, click the "Apply for this job" button. Please make sure you proofread everything as we are a company that really cares about attention to detail!
• Once you're done applying, please complete this assessment test. Take your time to get ready; it takes 15 minutes to complete but it's a little challenging and fast-paced.
Interested and qualified? Go to Mono on apply.workable.com to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.