Head of IT Security
Jobs at:Alan & Grant
Deadline of this Job:
13 April 2022
Date Posted: Monday, March 28, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Alan & Grant - Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of IT Security
Job Type: Full time
Industry: FMCG / Foods / Beverage
• Monitor organization's networks for security breaches and investigate when one occurs.
• Use and maintain software, such as firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect sensitive information.
• Check for vulnerabilities in computer and network systems.
• Keep up to date with the latest security and technology developments.
• Research/evaluate emerging cyber security threats and ways to manage them.
• Plan for disaster recovery and create contingency plans in the event of any security breaches.
• Monitor for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorized or illegal activity.
• Test and evaluate security products.
• Design new security systems or upgrade existing ones.
• Use advanced analytic tools to determine emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities.
• Engage in 'ethical hacking', for example, simulating security breaches.
• Identify potential weaknesses and implement measures, such as firewalls and encryption.
• Investigate security alerts and provide incident response.
• Monitor identity and access management, including monitoring for abuse of permissions by authorized system users.
• Liaise with stakeholders in relation to cyber security issues and provide future recommendations.
• Generate reports for both technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders.
• Maintain an information security risk register and assist with internal and external audits relating to information security.
• Monitor and respond to 'phishing' emails and 'pharming' activity.
• Assist with the creation, maintenance and delivery of cyber security awareness training for colleagues.
• Give advice and guidance to staff on issues such as spam and unwanted or malicious emails.
• A minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or its equivalent (Higher Diploma / BE / B.Tech / BSc in Computer Science / Information Technology
• Certification in Cyber/Information/Data/Network Security.
• Minimum of 5 years experience as an IT Security Expert/Analyst in a reputed organization.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.